Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Norwich?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
We know Potter can be hard to second guess, but what lineup would you like to see against Norwich?

Not sure if Webster is fit or not, would put him in for Duffy if so, might be tempted to use Bernardo instead of BDB also - I'm on the fence with that one

.......................... Ryan ....................

Lamptey .... Duffy .... Dunk .... Burn

.......... Bissouma ...... Propper .........

Trossard ......... Mooy ... Mac Allister

...................... Maupay ...................

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9399582 said:
We know Potter can be hard to second guess, but what lineup would you like to see against Norwich?

Not sure if Webster is fit or not, would put him in for Duffy if so, might be tempted to use Bernardo instead of BDB also - I'm on the fence with that one

yeah this (possibly swap Webster for Duffy if fit)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Good call. If we're talking about what should be the team, I'd also have Webster and Bernardo instead of Duffy and Burn in the back four. I'd be tempted to try to give Alzate a start too if he's sufficiently fit, probably in place of Mooy or Trossard. Trossard looked dangerous and inventive last night, which only reinforces the fairly widely held view that he's that much better coming off the bench. We really need to go all out for a win on Saturday, which would guarantee survival in my book.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9399582]We know Potter can be hard to second guess, but what lineup would you like to see against Norwich?

I would go with exactly this team assuming Webster isn’t fit and Alzate is still not in contention.

If Webster is fit he comes in for Duffy and if Alzate is fit he comes in for Mooy for me.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The lucky "Team for" thread is back.

There wasn't one for Man Utd, which meant Potter was selecting blind.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I would go with exactly this team assuming Webster isn’t fit and Alzate is still not in contention.

If Webster is fit he comes in for Duffy and if Alzate is fit he comes in for Mooy for me.

Alzate hasn't even been in the squad since the restart from what I can remember, so don't think he would/should go straight into the starting 11 without a cameo off the bench first. Would love to see him get some minutes in the second half to get him match fit for the remainder of the season - quality player!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ryan

Lamptey -- Webster -- Dunk -- Burn

Bissouma -- Pröpper

Connolly -- Mooy -- Mac Allister

Maupay

Subs : Button, Montoya, Schelotto, Duffy, Stephens, Groß, March, Trossard, Murray

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dublin

Mayo Lamptey Smith Crumplin

Chapman Bridge Painter Ramsey

Schelotto Chivers

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After feeling relaxed about our fear of relegation I've now woken up grumpy and know that my mood won't improve after Bournemouth take 3 points from Newcastle tonight.
At least we only have to wait until Saturday to get back to playing again.

Ryan

Lamptey - Webster - Dunk - Burn

Bissouma - Propper - Mooy

MacAllister

Maupay - Trossard

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

If Webster isn't fit I'd move BDB to centre back and play Bernardo as the left back. Other than that I'd go for the team you've picked.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
.........................................Burn...................................
Murray............ Lamptey....... Ryan..........Stephens

Mooy ............ Jahanabach.....Button............. Ali . ...Potter..........................Barber

Now tell me no way Potter will be this experimental

(There is one impossibility but that wont deter him)

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Ryan
Lamptey Webster dunk Bernardo
Alzate bissouma propper
Mac allister trossard
Maupay

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we smash Norwich, the pain of last night will quickly disappear.

We should be much too strong in midfield and defence for this lot, can we create and take the chances needed to win the match though?

I hope Norwich come out full of attacking intent rather than making sure our players have no space to perform in.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ryan was poor for the first two goals, nothing he can do about the third and he did make a couple of good saves when the game was over. I think there should be focus on whether we can get a better goalkeeper in the summer but he's the best we have for now.

Ryan
Lamptey Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh Mac Allister Trossard
Maupay

Would be the team I would pick. Well balanced with good legs and energy throughout the team. We shouldn't do what we did last night and try to close the game for an hour and make it a 30 minute or 20 or 10 minute match. We should try and control the game from the start and get the game won. We have options to come off the bench but there is an argument that playing your best team from the start does limit your options to change it later on.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ryan

Lamptey
Webster
Dunk
Burn

Jahanbaksh
Biss
Propper
MacAllister

Maupay
Trossard

If Webster not fit then Burn to CB and Bernardo at LB.

I have reservations about starting Trossard as all his decent performances have been off the bench. But I'd like to see him play behind Maupay in a more central position and would like to give him a try there. If Alzate is fit I would have him on the bench without any doubt for his versatility alone.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Ryan
Duffy or Webster, Dunk, Burn
Lamptey, Bissouma, Stephens, Propper, Bernardo
Maupay, Trossard
3-5-2

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ryan was poor for the first two goals, nothing he can do about the third and he did make a couple of good saves when the game was over. I think there should be focus on whether we can get a better goalkeeper in the summer but he's the best we have for now.

Ryan
Lamptey Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh Mac Allister Trossard
Maupay

Would be the team I would pick. Well balanced with good legs and energy throughout the team. We shouldn't do what we did last night and try to close the game for an hour and make it a 30 minute or 20 or 10 minute match. We should try and control the game from the start and get the game won. We have options to come off the bench but there is an argument that playing your best team from the start does limit your options to change it later on.

You're blaming him for not saving a hugely deflected shot? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here