Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What to do with Trossard?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm turning quite sceptic about Trossard and his ability to establish himself as a (close to) top player in the PL.

He definitely got moments where you think "this guy is a class above the rest". His end product is great. But his ability to get into situations where he can deliver "end products" is a lot worse: either he just gets outmuscled or his technique fails him - its very rare to see him actually get past his defender.

And tactically he just dont seem clever enough to find spaces to operate in. Maybe this is because he wants to use the same spaces Mooy generally occupy, but at the same time the few successful moments were often through collaborating with Mooy.

If he was a few years younger I'd say "just keep him and let him improve" but he is turning 26 in December, its not like he is a super talent.

He also looks a bit too much like Robbie Williams but I'd be willing to overlook that if he performed well enough.

So what to do? Keep him and hope he improves? Loan him out for a year to a league similar to the PL (like Bundesliga)? Sell him and get most of the value back? I'm leaning towards the last two options. Sell him and Ali J and sign another "predicted starter" for the wing and hope for better luck this time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Email Paul Barber and ask him to tell Trossard to try harder

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not really kicked on has he? And the darkly lined eyes are rarely a good sign. Guess it might just be a glandular thing tho eh? Bit of a James Wilson thing going on maybe?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
First season. Injury in September. Struggling team. New manager. New country. Step up in quality.
Deserves a bit of patience.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Email Paul Barber and ask him to tell Trossard to try harder

Never. I got his best wishes, arguably one of my most valued assets. Not gonna risk losing it.

bestwishes.jpg

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Based on his early performances and impact I still can't shake myself of the belief that we have unearthed a Mahrez-level bargain.
And I remain unmoved by the (now substantial) evidence to the contrary.

He WILL rule the premier league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not the worst start to a career in a new country, for a new team, with a new manager, playing at a level considerably higher than he's played in before.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I agree that some of the early promise/talent has not materialised consistently, but we have at least seen those flashes/moments of genuine quality and I really believe that he will be one of our Players of the Season next season. He is prepared to use both feet, and whilst not overly quick, he can turn sharply and I think he will grow in confidence and therefore contribution level. His finishing has been pretty good and different types of goals too.. I think his situation, moving from a club where he was a key player, if not THE key player, to one where he is not "essential" takes some adjusting to as well in the same way that maybe it has affected Ali J. I really hope he can handle it and find it within himself to kick-on.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Could Leeds do with him? Perhaps we could swap him for their promising young centre-back Ben White.

Come on mate, he's never leave the Mighty Leeds for a little club like us. #MOT #LeedsWouldTakeMoreAway #BielsaIsGod

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I agree that some of the early promise/talent has not materialised consistently, but we have at least seen those flashes/moments of genuine quality and I really believe that he will be one of our Players of the Season next season. He is prepared to use both feet, and whilst not overly quick, he can turn sharply and I think he will grow in confidence and therefore contribution level. His finishing has been pretty good and different types of goals too.. I think his situation, moving from a club where he was a key player, if not THE key player, to one where he is not "essential" takes some adjusting to as well in the same way that maybe it has affected Ali J. I really hope he can handle it and find it within himself to kick-on.

Yes some fair points, i agree he hasnt kicked on from an encouraging early start and drifts out of games far too much for my liking, however i do think we'll see an improved player nexts season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Happy to give him more time. When he’s good he oozes class. Lost his way a bit for whatever reason but pleased to see an increased work rate from him in the game and a half he has played since restart

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He's been asked to do a lot this season. He has been asked to play left mid, left wing, left sided striker, 10 role, right wing, right sided striker and also experienced an injury or two that kept him out the side. I hope he'll kick on next year when Potter has a better idea of what he actually wants this side to look like.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think some of those early VAR decisions knocked his confidence a bit + the injuries. If he can stay fit and get a good pre-season I am confident he will improve

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's been asked to do a lot this season. He has been asked to play left mid, left wing, left sided striker, 10 role, right wing, right sided striker and also experienced an injury or two that kept him out the side. I hope he'll kick on next year when Potter has a better idea of what he actually wants this side to look like.

Yeah this!

He has plenty of talent, can see him kicking on next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here