Votes: 52 56.5%
  • Team Adele

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Hard-fought draw

Votes: 12 13.0%

• Total voters

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
NSC music lovers, please help settle an office argument?

There's no doubting that Adele is an extremely talented artist, but IMHO she is not a musical genius like the late and much missed Ms Winehouse was.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adele is (technically) a far better singer. But Winehouse a far better, and more interesting performer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No contest, Amy by a country mile. I cannot even listen to Adele but regularly play and enjoy Amy Winehouse. One of the most talented British singers of all time imo

Adele’s potty mouth is an even bigger turn off than her shouty singing

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Adele has one hell of a pair of lungs on her, but then she supports Tottenham, so l'm out. It's Amy for me.

Talking of Adele, l knocked on her front door once when she lived in Partridge Green a few years ago. She didn't answer it though. :shrug:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Talking of Adele, l knocked on her front door once when she lived in Partridge Green a few years ago. She didn't answer it though. :shrug:

You should have said Hello.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Your office sounds like hell - Play some Sabbath/Supertramp/Early Queen/ or any of the alternative music from the 70s and refuse to talk to them again until they start discussing real music.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Adele has one hell of a pair of lungs on her, but then she supports Tottenham, so l'm out. It's Amy for me.

My brother in law used to maintain her swimming pool.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Got to be team Amy I'm afraid. Couple of tracks I like from Adele but the rest is just warbling.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

You need to find out who Amy supported - to be fair :D

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
First reaction was to dive in on Amy's side but then after a moments thought it's not that clear cut.

Hometown Glory is probably my favourite song by either of them. I'm going to STEW on it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Your office sounds like hell - Play some Sabbath/Supertramp/Early Queen/ or any of the alternative music from the 70s and refuse to talk to them again until they start discussing real music.

I think you may turn around and leave if you walked into the OP’s office to hear any of that blaring out :wink:

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
Hometown Glory is even better after realising that she wrote it when she was 16

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here