Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Manchester United

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Kick-off: 20:15 BST
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
Reserve Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
VAR: Andrew Madley
Assistant VAR: Andrew Garratt

TEAM NEWS

Brighton boss Graham Potter says it is "touch and go" whether Adam Webster will be fit due to the hamstring injury he suffered against Leicester.

Tariq Lamptey could keep his place at right-back after his impressive debut against the Foxes.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to make numerous changes given the tight turnaround after their FA Cup win at Norwich.

Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe are the only players currently unavailable.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's only victories in their 22 fixtures against Manchester United in all competitions have come in each of the last three top-flight home meetings.
    [*=left]Manchester United's most recent victory at Brighton was in the First Division in 1982.
    [*=left]All five Premier League meetings have been won by the home side, making it the division's most-played fixture in which the hosts have a 100% record.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have 33 points after 31 matches, just three shy of their final tally last season.
    [*=left]They are unbeaten in three matches, which have all been against sides in the top half of the table: Wolves, Arsenal and Leicester.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have kept two clean sheets in those three games, as many as they had managed in their previous 20 league fixtures.
    [*=left]They have benefitted from a top-flight high of four own goals in the Premier League this season. Only Neal Maupay, with nine, has scored more goals for the Seagulls this campaign.
    [*=left]Brighton's starting XI against Leicester was the youngest they have fielded in a Premier League match at an average age of 25 years and 182 days.
Manchester United

• [*=left]United are unbeaten in 14 games in all competitions (W10, D4), scoring 35 goals and conceding four. It's their best form since a 17-match streak without defeat between Nov 2016 and Jan 2017.
    [*=left]Manchester United's tally of 49 points from 31 games is their lowest since the 1990-91 campaign.
    [*=left]They require 17 points out of a possible 21 in their final seven league fixtures to equal their points total of last season.
    [*=left]The Red Devils have kept seven clean sheets in their last 12 Premier League matches - as many as they managed in their first 40 under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
    [*=left]They have won only four of their 15 league away fixtures this season. The fewest away matches won by the Red Devils in a Premier League campaign is five, set in 2010-11.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping to see outrage and lots of talk from United fans about #teamslikebrighton after the game :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Well I've just been over to the Amex for a Covid test. Wasted bl@@dy journey. Booked on the Gov web site last night and got a confirmation of an 8.00-8.30 test for today.

WHY WERE WE ALLOWED TO BOOK IT THEN .FFS.

Oh and i'll take a draw.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm looking forward to MOTD and the punditry on just how Utd managed to lose that game , who knows they may even show our 2 goals .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Well I've just been over to the Amex for a Covid test. Wasted bl@@dy journey. Booked on the Gov web site last night and got a confirmation of an 8.00-8.30 test for today.

WHY WERE WE ALLOWED TO BOOK IT THEN .FFS.

Oh and i'll take a draw.

Was the journey wasted because the centre is closed? Guessing having hundreds of potential virus carriers in the car park isn't a good idea, do they wash the place down though I wonder.

Oh, and I wont take a draw. Win please.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looking forward to this.

Media full on United licking mode. Must win for them

Must admit , think we will lose tonight. As long as its not heavy then can take it.

Norwich will be big whatever

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
1-1 and a rearguard exhibition to counteract a rampant United who could and should have scored 6. Maupays late equaliser, 89th minute, earns us a point.:O good enough for me if all our rivals drop points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here