Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
How will that affect Leicester City FC!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not at all. I very much doubt any players live in the areas that will be locked down.

But even if they do premier league footballers have been given elite status so I doubt there will be an issue for them.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Leicester

So what happens with the town locked down? Presumably matches can’t be played in the town but can the Club travel out of the town either for away matches or to a neutral venue. No doubt wrinkles will be found to allow the games to be played but should football be granted privileges denied to other businesses in the town?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Was not elite sport considered an exception when it came to travel and quarantine? So I think they will probably still play at the King Power .
When the pubs open elsewhere - that will cause a rush to country pubs in Leicestershire and towns like Market Harborough and Hinkley, despite the advice not to travel.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As someone pointed out this is doomed to failure, if someone from Leicester wants to go shopping jump in a car off to Nottingham or Birmingham and if they want to go to a pub or restaurant then out into the local towns or villages alternatively just pop in the car for a day trip to Bournemouth, without closing all access to the city elements of the public are too selfish and cant be trusted.

I guess worst case for the football team move them to St Georges its not far, but as others have pointed out football clubs have "special" status in these times so they will continue as (current) normal yet another example of the unprecedented (this word is obligatory under current reporting rules) challenges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here