Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is Britain's Countryside too white?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pretty alarming report on Countryfile yesterday, very sad state of affairs.

[tweet]1277277327639154688[/tweet]

:nono:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, the countryside is not too white. It is an abstract thing and cannot discern race nor culture.

However if some people are ignorant about nature or avoid it due to feeling out of place, then that is sad. Education is the answer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the UK and beyond, so anywhere?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seems a bit of an odd statement to me. Surely if any BAME individual, group or family want to go and enjoy the countryside, they can do so?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe I’m missing something but isn’t the countryside nature and nature doesn’t have a colour . I do think we are in danger of Belittling the main message of racism if we allow the issue of colour to be extended to areas that are a bit daft .

I also think with lots of issues going out in the last 24 hrs with BLM certainly in the UK that is complicating the main issue and meaning that even the most ardent of public BLM supporters Like Gary Lineker are being forced to say ( on twitter ) he doesn’t agree with all of BLM aims . ( more stuff they have Marxist links & anti Semitic links )

Personally I think in the UK we should have stuck with kick it out . BLM seems much more of a political organisation and that invariably brings problems , particularly if some of its aims sound Marxist .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Seems a bit of an odd statement to me. Surely if any BAME individual, group or family want to go and enjoy the countryside, they can do so?

I can see it from their perspective. The rural areas are known for their somewhat 'Daily Express' attitudes.

This is, of course, a heavy generalisation but would play on my consciousness if I was BAME.

I lived in a village of 3,500. There were only 15 BAME.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patreon
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
And there's always The Black Country, named after the pollution from the factories in that area of the Midlands during The Industrial Revolution and the open cast coal mines.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What complete rubbish, I support anything that stops racism but this is a crap. Someone will want Blackboys renamed next

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What complete rubbish, I support anything that stops racism but this is a crap. Someone will want Blackboys renamed next

This was a Crodo fishing thread. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A name change for the white cliffs of Dover is under consideration:whistle:

Deed poll for Barry White (R.I.P.).

Seriously though, Crodo. Do **** off for a minute :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mods, please stick this in the Bear Pit now please. Sick and tired of race related threads. Everyday. Until the message gets through this is a football forum.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Could it possibly be something to do with there actually being more white people in the U.K!?

Saw a comment on there that some chick took a black friend into a village pub and he got stared at so much he felt uncomfortable and left. I've been stared at in village/country pubs before, even had comments made about me so I can obviously hear them and i'm very very white, it's just what they do to non-locals isn't it?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Could it possibly be something to do with there actually being more white people in the U.K!?

Saw a comment on there that some chick took a black friend into a village pub and he got stared at so much he felt uncomfortable and left. I've been stared at in village/country pubs before, even had comments made about me so I can obviously hear them and i'm very very white, it's just what they do to non-locals isn't it?

I've been in scores of country pubs and never had that happen to me. Rural pubs are not all like the opening scene to American Werewolf.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here