Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 Private Seat Licenses Valuation

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
Afternoon all,

Can anyone shed some light on how the values of Private Seat Licenses have been effected since the AMEX opened?

There has been a death in the family and whilst it is our intention to retain the seats, if a decent offer came in we may consider selling the private memberships for someone else to enjoy.

2 Seats in the 1901 - Upper Platinum Lounge Block - W2D Front Row.

They are very good seats next to the directors and would have thought given the original cost of the lifetime membership would have doubled perhaps tripled in value since promotion to the premier league.

I understand there is a dedicated section to selling the seat licenses, and you can ask any price.
Not sure if there is a way to view previous sale prices of private licenses in similar areas?

Anyone willing to disclose what they paid for seats in the same area for any past private license transfer? or value what they would pay?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt you’d do any better than the 1k lifetime licence fee and a taking over of the monthly ticket cost.

Not convinced that there is a big market for 1901 resales.

I say this as a 1901 ticket holder

Too many day trippers (non football fans in hospitality) and away fans these days..imo

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm aware of a fair few that were moved on for zero payment as they were distressed sales, of sorts, with the seller merely wanting to get out of the ongoing monthly commitment.

That's not to say that some haven't attracted a price, and I'm not sure how much a factor lifetime v 5-year (?) would be.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Afternoon all,

Can anyone shed some light on how the values of Private Seat Licenses have been effected since the AMEX opened?

There has been a death in the family and whilst it is our intention to retain the seats, if a decent offer came in we may consider selling the private memberships for someone else to enjoy.

2 Seats in the 1901 - Upper Platinum Lounge Block - W2D Front Row.

They are very good seats next to the directors and would have thought given the original cost of the lifetime membership would have doubled perhaps tripled in value since promotion to the premier league.

I understand there is a dedicated section to selling the seat licenses, and you can ask any price.
Not sure if there is a way to view previous sale prices of private licenses in similar areas?

Anyone willing to disclose what they paid for seats in the same area for any past private license transfer? or value what they would pay?

I think they are worth what someone is prepared to pay which I think would be very little at the moment given the club have opened up season ticket sales to everyone. You may get lucky and find a business desperate for lounge access but other than that I think you are miles off the mark with your valuation.

I bought mine (W2B so couple of blocks towards the away fans from you) a couple of years back paying £250 for a lifetime licence and to be honest that was me being generous. The guy had shown his hand saying he was just looking to get rid of the monthly commitment. Think I probably could have got it for nothing.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Emperors New Clothes springs to mind, whilst various figures were bandied around in 2011, I've not met anyone whose moved their 1901 licence on for anything let alone the figure of £3,000 'when we reach the Premier League', which was suggested 9 years ago.

Like the signing of CMS that summer, it just hasn't panned out how many thought it would.

(Arthur poster above, you're the first)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've bought and sold a few over the period.

Direct from the club: 5 year - pro-rata until the end of the 5-year term; lifetime - full £1k (+VAT) for a new 50-year term
Private: either pro-rata for the rest of the term (both 5-year and 50-year) or, more recently, nothing as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and others have said.

In the current environment, the OP will be doing very well if he gets his money back, imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here