Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Has there been any proper research as to why there has been a spike in Leicester?

One would expect that social distancing (especially indoors) might not have been observed as best it could.

Add to that the ‘usual suspects’ who have little regard for their own or anyone else’s safety such as the pond-life below.

62943119397b8c0ca5da2af6786e3eca.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They are late again, more deaths will follow, on top of thousands that need not have perished.

The Tories have blood on their hands and I'm afraid anyone who is a Tory member that helped put this idiot in charge, you are an accomplice too

Why are you not able to comment about coronavirus without launching into a tirade of some sorts? I share some of your dissatisfaction with some of the way the govt has handled matters but your comment adds nothing to the thread. We get it, you hate Boris etc. You don't need to endlessly repeat it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Has there been any proper research as to why there has been a spike in Leicester? Probably not and forgive my cynicism here, but doesn't Leicester have a high Indian and Pakistani population?

Well, based on this information from Dr. John Campbell in the video below, could this be caused by imported overseas cases rather than community transmition?

https://youtu.be/Cmy3Urxr0C0?t=931

1 Many more people work in industries, where it is harder to social distance. (manufacturing and food production are not great areas for working from home). Asians are also more likely to be in public facing roles in transport, healthcare, and retail
2 Asian households are typically larger and multi-generational - bigger bubble means more opportunities to bring it in.
3 Incidence of diabetes are typically higher, as is poverty.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting thread regarding why the Leicester lockdown has been put in place when the numbers don't appear to back it up, as well as a salient warning for those who rely too heavily on the published Government figures.

[TWEET]1277960119611871234[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why are you not able to comment about coronavirus without launching into a tirade of some sorts? I share some of your dissatisfaction with some of the way the govt has handled matters but your comment adds nothing to the thread. We get it, you hate Boris etc. You don't need to endlessly repeat it.

He needs to take some responsibility, all we get from him is self congratulation. We has no respect for the thousands of lives lost because of his incompetence.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So a bunch of footballers travelling from an area of non-essential travel would be deemed, well - essential?

While I appreciate not many, if any of the players will actually live in Leicester, it would set a pretty poor example to the ordinary citizens of Leicester if they travel elsewhere to play!

Work has always been considered as essential though, hasn't it? They can't work from home!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I really thought we lived in a country where we could trust the information provided to us, yes there have been hiccups along the way and some areas have been slow to release or count figures, like care homes joining the game late on.

However I didn't think we were being lied to for political expediency, now I'm not so sure!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Work has always been considered as essential though, hasn't it? They can't work from home!

I am surprised you think that all work is essential in these times. Millions of people have not been working and have been furloughed as their work is deemed non-essential. A footballer's work is definitely non-essential. Other people who work in Leicester have to stay at home.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
However I didn't think we were being lied to for political expediency, now I'm not so sure!

After all the triumphalism of the pubs reopening and "business as usual" we've seen, it would be utterly humiliating for the Government if they had to back down. I suspect if figures are being suppressed (as the above seems to suggest) this would be why.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
After all the triumphalism of the pubs reopening and "business as usual" we've seen, it would be utterly humiliating for the Government if they had to back down. I suspect if figures are being suppressed (as the above seems to suggest) this would be why.

How very dare you, as if any government would put economics before health.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Interesting thread regarding why the Leicester lockdown has been put in place when the numbers don't appear to back it up, as well as a salient warning for those who rely too heavily on the published Government figures.

[TWEET]1277960119611871234[/TWEET]

Interesting. Presumably the national case numbers we see reported each day include both pillar 1 and pillar 2 though, right?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Interesting. Presumably the national case numbers we see reported each day include both pillar 1 and pillar 2 though, right?

If they're claiming the Government aren't making them public then I assume nationally as well as locally, but I don't know for sure.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
If they're claiming the Government aren't making them public then I assume nationally as well as locally, but I don't know for sure.

If so, that would mean that even assuming not everywhere is as rife as Leicester, we aren't reporting somewhere in the region of two thirds to three quarters of cases nationally. I just find it hard to imagine even this government being so intentionally deceitful and manipulative of the numbers - surely not?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He needs to take some responsibility, all we get from him is self congratulation. We has no respect for the thousands of lives lost because of his incompetence.

If it helps I agree with you, but I also think GCCM has a point. The wider finger pointing and blaming of all Tory voters, isn't particularly helpful.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am surprised you think that all work is essential in these times. Millions of people have not been working and have been furloughed as their work is deemed non-essential. A footballer's work is definitely non-essential. Other people who work in Leicester have to stay at home.

I don't. This isn't strictly true. People have been furloughed as their industries have been considered non-essential (e.g. restaurants). Plenty of people have been allowed to continue non-essential jobs, and to travel to them where they are unable to work from home, that's all I'm saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here