Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I thought precisely that, it supposedly gives the government the opportunity to show it's local lockdown strategy, which if anything in the past is evidence to go by, is likely to be poorly thought out and unworkable...

The first thing I thought when I heard... experimenting with a mid size middle England town.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obvious question- what about the football? Their next home game is Saturday.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Neutral ground probably

So a bunch of footballers travelling from an area of non-essential travel would be deemed, well - essential?

While I appreciate not many, if any of the players will actually live in Leicester, it would set a pretty poor example to the ordinary citizens of Leicester if they travel elsewhere to play!

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
So a bunch of footballers travelling from an area of non-essential travel would be deemed, well - essential?

While I appreciate not many, if any of the players will actually live in Leicester, it would set a pretty poor example to the ordinary citizens of Leicester if they travel elsewhere to play!

It's not right

But they seem determined to get this season done

By hook or crook

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

If the players and staff are at home tonight and they live in the Leicester area surely that's where they will remain for at least the next two weeks....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s add this to the Government’s Corona-cock-up list. Seems they have been sitting on the out of control infection rates for weeks hoping they’d go down on their own. Awful and late communication with important people like the Mayor & council.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Forgive me for trawling back, but this is where things like the Cummings story have the potential to be really damaging. People in Leicester now have an "out", namely they can cite "childcare concerns" or similar, even if they don't have them. And if the Government act against them behaving in this way and preventing them travelling they're opening themselves to claims of hypocrisy.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's all a lot of hot air from the government. They're doing their best to cause civil unrest.
Expect an exodus of the city on the next sunny day and places like Nottingham and Brum to be absolutely full of Leicester folk this Saturday night.

It would be worth the FA releasing a statement about this and potential lockdown in other cities.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talking heads on the radio are blaming things like 'local sweat shops'.

The really incoherent bit is this. Government spokesman saying that:

1. There has been guidance on distancing etc
2. We don't want to bring in 'draconian' laws to impose the guidance
3. As people are not following the guidance we may have to bring in draconian laws

That is about the most incoherent bit of right wing stupidity, part libertarian, part authoritarian, and 100% useless, I have ever heard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Will be very interesting to see how they control non-essential travel.

Road blocks, armed forces?

By saying they are very, very serious about this. Very serious indeed.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Talking heads on the radio are blaming things like 'local sweat shops'.

The really incoherent bit is this. Government spokesman saying that:

1. There has been guidance on distancing etc
2. We don't want to bring in 'draconian' laws to impose the guidance
3. As people are not following the guidance we may have to bring in draconian laws

That is about the most incoherent bit of right wing stupidity, part libertarian, part authoritarian, and 100% useless, I have ever heard.

So no change there then, par for the course...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Let’s add this to the Government’s Corona-cock-up list. Seems they have been sitting on the out of control infection rates for weeks hoping they’d go down on their own. Awful and late communication with important people like the Mayor & council.

They are late again, more deaths will follow, on top of thousands that need not have perished.

The Tories have blood on their hands and I'm afraid anyone who is a Tory member that helped put this idiot in charge, you are an accomplice too

Yoda

English & European
Has there been any proper research as to why there has been a spike in Leicester? Probably not and forgive my cynicism here, but doesn't Leicester have a high Indian and Pakistani population?

Well, based on this information from Dr. John Campbell in the video below, could this be caused by imported overseas cases rather than community transmition?

https://youtu.be/Cmy3Urxr0C0?t=931

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here