Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Angel Gomes

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Seems like he isn’t happy at Man Utd refuses to sign the contract on offer . Likely to be leaving at the end of the season . Could he be a player of interest to us and if not should he be or is he no better than what we have ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But can be play the guitar in Shoreham?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No doubt he will look at the success of young english players on the continent and head there.

Is he actually any good though? I get the impression that if he was, he would have forced his way into the team more than just cups etc...esp as Man Utd's midfield has been dire for a while.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Would be a great signing in theory, if he is affordable. If Brighton stay up, Lampty gets more game time along with Connolly and Alzate it will show young players that Brighton are a club where there is an opportunity for young players to get game time. That alongside playing a nice style of football that will appeal to most modern players, amazing training ground and desirable place to live.

Brighton has the look of a club going places compared most outside the top 6. It will also depend on the agent, if all they see in money then Brighton may not be their preferred option, if they have the best interest of their player in mind then Brighton are a very appealing option.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
No doubt he will look at the success of young english players on the continent and head there.

Is he actually any good though? I get the impression that if he was, he would have forced his way into the team more than just cups etc...esp as Man Utd's midfield has been dire for a while.

I remember watching England play in a Nike tournament in Florida in Dec 2015 against the USA, Brazil and the Netherlands (the entire matches are available on YouTube).

Angel Gomes was involved alongside Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho amongst others, Albion's Tom McGill being one. It was difficult to pick out any standout players because England played so well. They looked the most technically accomplished side in the tournament by some distance.

But I do remember being particularly impressed with Gomes and Tashan Oakley-Boothe (Spurs, now at Stoke).

That goes to show how hard it is to pick out future stars, even at 15/16, or maybe it's just a reflection of my poor judgement.

I do still think he's got potential to play at a high level, but it's fair to say his trajectory hasn't been quite what was of expected of him a few years ago. How much of that is down to ability and how much to lack of opportunity though? A move abroad would probably be a good fit for him and I suspect he may already have something lined up.

He's not first team ready, but I would not be upset to see him come here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 06EF27B2-F495-4DCC-97C9-A5438F444507.jpeg
    06EF27B2-F495-4DCC-97C9-A5438F444507.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 144

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would be a great signing in theory, if he is affordable. If Brighton stay up, Lampty gets more game time along with Connolly and Alzate it will show young players that Brighton are a club where there is an opportunity for young players to get game time.

And we like short just look at Ryan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here