Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England team: New Golden Generation?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whisper it quietly, but there are a whole load of young players really looking the part this season and England have the makings of a dangerous side. The delay of one year for Euro 2020 might play into our hands. My team:

1. Pickford
2. Alexander- Arnold
3. Chilwell
4. Gomez
5. Maguire
6. Mount
7. Loftus-Cheek
8. Foden
9. Kane
10.Sterling
11.Sancho

Some decent bench optiins too in Heaton, Walker, Dunk, Grealish, Rashford.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is a player at Leeds United that seems to be all the rage. He is a defender, I can't remember his name. Leeds United fans seem to think that they are going to sell him to Liverpool though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pickford's done bloody well to get in that team.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A lot of talent coming through but I think, as always, we're still missing someone who can run things in the middle of the park. Also, the CBs aren't what they used to be.

Front 3 and full backs are top quality though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pickford's place must be in grave danger. Grealish ahead of Foden and we need an upgrade on Loftus Cheek pulling the strings in midfield, other than that it's a mind blowing array of talent, the envy of most other nations.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love it the way you put Maguire in to catch people out who were not concentrating

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Loftus Cheek not on your nelly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pickford's done bloody well to get in that team.

Pickford's place must be in grave danger. Grealish ahead of Foden and we need an upgrade on Loftus Cheek pulling the strings in midfield, other than that it's a mind blowing array of talent, the envy of most other nations.

Pickford and RLC stand out there, amongst all the good players. Both crap.

All of this. It used to be that all we could produce was a keeper and maybe a flair player and finisher. And probably not at the same time. Now we've got a lot of decent ball playing young stars relying on the most bang average group of keepers I can remember.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Would imagine White would be in the mix too, if he can make the step up to the PL. Not sure he will be in the team whilst playing for us though sadly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whisper it quietly, but there are a whole load of young players really looking the part this season and England have the makings of a dangerous side. The delay of one year for Euro 2020 might play into our hands. My team:

1. Pickford
2. Alexander- Arnold
3. Chilwell
4. Gomez
5. Maguire
6. Mount
7. Loftus-Cheek
8. Foden
9. Kane
10.Sterling
11.Sancho

I've followed a few " Golden Generations " in my time, this ones up there with the rest of them. Only trouble is, there is usually always a better team out there and we pop a couple of cruciate's or hamstrings or a shoulder blade or an Achilles at the wrong time, or end up with a ridiculous red card and suspension....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

1. Pickford
2. Alexander- Arnold
3. Chilwell
4. Gomez
5. Maguire
6. Mount
7. Loftus-Cheek
8. Foden
9. Kane
10.Sterling
11.Sancho

Pickford ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

1. Pickford
2. Alexander- Arnold
3. Chilwell
4. Gomez
5. Maguire
6. Mount
7. Loftus-Cheek
8. Foden
9. Kane
10.Sterling
11.Sancho

Yeh, it's that engine room that's the issue there.

Enough attacking talent to challenge the world's best. Madison will be in the mix as well.

Interesting to see how Henderson develops and whether he can challenge Pickford's place

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Dele Ali Callum Hudson-Odoi Reece James can be added to the list

Sock boy could be the player to make us a real prospect

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Brooks,Maddison,Cantwell are all great young players too...more than hold there own in the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here