Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] CBD oil

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I won’t bore you all with my health issues, for the last few weeks I’ve been in and out of hospital and in some serious pain. I’ve been on prescription pure codeine which is not really helping at all, Friday was my worst day my good lady suggested I tried some CBD oil.

Well it’s a miracle creation yesterday I went to work pain free for the first time in weeks unbelievable.

My issue is it’s not cheap I’m wondering if anyone else uses CBD and can recommend a good brand that’s not costing an arm and a leg. I’m currently using Dragon Fly 500 and at £40 for a 10ml bottle I’m looking for alternatives.

Cheers

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I swear by it and here in Spain it is more expensive than that. Could also use some info for getting it online.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I won’t bore you all with my health issues, for the last few weeks I’ve been in and out of hospital and in some serious pain. I’ve been on prescription pure codeine which is not really helping at all, Friday was my worst day my good lady suggested I tried some CBD oil.

Well it’s a miracle creation yesterday I went to work pain free for the first time in weeks unbelievable.

My issue is it’s not cheap I’m wondering if anyone else uses CBD and can recommend a good brand that’s not costing an arm and a leg. I’m currently using Dragon Fly 500 and at £40 for a 10ml bottle I’m looking for alternatives.

Cheers
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/vitamins-supplements/homeopathic-flower-remedies/cbd/

Any good? half price

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Cheers

Seems to be a lot cheaper on amazon, sorry i cant help anymore than that as I dont take it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know some people who deal innit and they swear by it. There’s also a THC thing for cancer that some people use and I’m told it’s very effective but I don’t know the ins and outs etc so won’t give an opinion...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The one i use is £72 for a 1000 mg bottle , Blessed Premium , it is the only brand iv'e found that helps in any way and iv'e tried a few , yup it's expensive but when have chronic pain and find something that helps then the price tends to become a irritation rather than a fook that , it's way too dear .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thanks for that, just ordered some! Never thought to look there for some reason and have got some at less than half price.

I'm sceptical about the amazon stuff.

It's hemp oil, which may, or may not, have a certain amount of CBD. They sell x mg/% hemp oil, not x mg/% CBD. I wouldn't be confident that I was getting what I thought I was. People could just be cashing in.

I would try and stick to something that's been tested and the testing made avaliable; even then I'm not sure!

Caveat Emptor

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
everyone is into CBD now and there’s a lot of crap / underdosed stuff out there. Worth paying more for a decent brand.

Apothem Labs are good but expensive

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The one i use is £72 for a 1000 mg bottle , Blessed Premium , it is the only brand iv'e found that helps in any way and iv'e tried a few , yup it's expensive but when have chronic pain and find something that helps then the price tends to become a irritation rather than a fook that , it's way too dear .
Agree with you Friday I would of paid anything to be pain free. I’ve read up on Blessed seems to be the top choice.

Jul 7, 2003
My late mate's Dad is 81. In January 2019 he was told he had cancer and had six months to live, maybe 12 months at a push.

Saw him two weeks ago and he is still gardening and cooking. His wife has been putting a little CBD oil on his lips every night and it seems to be keeping making a difference to him. They can't prove it is making a difference but whatever happens, his quality and length of life would appear to have been extended with CBD oil.

I was sceptical (and probably still am to be honest) but even if it is only having a placebo effect then it has been worthwhile to them.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I've tried https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/ in the recent past - I wish I were able to say otherwise but I'm afraid it had no noticeable effect on me, but would love to know if & how anyone else has got on with these.

They have plenty of very good reviews & give out frequent discount coupon codes for relative strong dose products. (Current coupon code for 25% off is 'SUMMER25'. Try changing changing the code number to say, 30 instead of 25 - it's worked for me in the past)

So, not a recommendation, but would love to know how anyone else gets on with them if they're willing to give them a go. May do the same myself for some of the other recommendations here.

Caveat emptor, of course..

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

Cheers

I don't know much about it but I have a friend who used some very good quality, pure stuff which is made in Spain. When I say pure I don't mean make you high I mean has the best pain relieving affects because Spanish regulations are different to ours or something...

Anyway you might want to look into what's available from Spain but I'm not sure you're even allowed to import it.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I've tried https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/ in the recent past - I wish I were able to say otherwise but I'm afraid it had no noticeable effect on me, but would love to know if & how anyone else has got on with these.

They have plenty of very good reviews & give out frequent discount coupon codes for relative strong dose products. (Current coupon code for 25% off is 'SUMMER25'. Try changing changing the code number to say, 30 instead of 25 - it's worked for me in the past)

So, not a recommendation, but would love to know how anyone else gets on with them if they're willing to give them a go. May do the same myself for some of the other recommendations here.

Caveat emptor, of course..

Coupon summer25 has expired sadly

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Cannawell are good. Used them for three years. My immune system is the nuts now. Not had a day off sick in over two years.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
A few non-mad bodybuilders I know have found the products at CBD Ethics on George Street good.

I gave it a go in an attempt to ease chronic anxiety a couple of years ago and then forgot it was in the fridge after a couple of weeks :dunce:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to smoke, nothing green or highly toxic, just normal 80's brown stuff. By todays standards weak, it was relaxing and fun, as was life, odd evenings and weekends. Then you get married and have children etc. Alcohol becomes the norm, and I like it too much but hate it. . . . . 20 years on, smokings not accptable let alone fashionable . . . . I've no idea where CBD sits on the scale . . .and I know have to deal with a minor physical ailment (PMR) I have wondered if self medication may be better than the ****ing awful steroids I'm trying to wean off . . . They've caused more problems in a year than I've had in my lifetime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here