Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What striker(s) would you like us to sign in the summer?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maupay , Connolly and muzza next season. Feel like we need at least one more.

I'm gonna go with Pukki as my first pick. Realistic. 11 in 30 in a rubbish team. Has pace and excellent finishing ability. Little on the old side for us at 30 but probably still has another 3 seasons in him. Would be an upgrade on anything we currently have although maupay may surpass him soon. Having a crap end to season lost all confidence so could secure relatively cheaply for prem standards.

Callum Wilson or josh king would be nice if muff go down.

Wouldn't mind Ollie Watkins but I suspect bigger fish will be circling ....

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I wouldn’t take Pukki not over Maupay or Connelly

I’d be looking at younger more mobile version of muzza if possible

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
we've been linked with that andersson guy in germany who's scored 12 or so over there this season and has a price of 3.5 million. would be very good value imo. it seems like we're perhaps going to spend on a winger as well this summer as we have been linked with a couple so maybe we'll spend big on one and not the other. if we wre spending big on a striker then Watkins would be my pick

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ashley Barnes. His Second Coming would be at least as effective as Murray's Second Coming. Should never have let either go. Abject failure in Human Resources Retention Management both times

:goal:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
471D0C7B-C521-437E-A666-791C833C6030.jpeg

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I think I'd offer Alberto Cerri a trial - he's out of contract at the end of the month..
He could team up with Maupay in the style of Owen and Crouch...former youth international with the Azure I believe.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

This. Said on another thread if we are playing with the likes on Lamptey and Argie Mac, ie, good crosser's of the ball and a theat in the box then we need a real aerial presence in there.
Pukki is just Connelly a year or two ahead.:bigwave:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think I'd offer Alberto Cerri a trial - he's out of contract at the end of the month..
He could team up with Maupay in the style of Owen and Crouch...former youth international with the Azure I believe.

Don't know much about him but he's a bit of a unit, isn't he? A wardrobe to Crouch's hatstand.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
As a Swede I might be a bit biased, but reportedly 3-5 million punds for Union Berlin's Sebastian Andersson is quite a steal and at that price he'd slot in nicely as a "second" signing of a striker (I wouldn't mind a more proven forward as the first signing). More or less trustworthy sources are saying Brighton and Valencia have been poking around, and in interviews he's clearly stated that PL is the dream.

Sure, the dude is a late bloomer and didn't really hit his stride until this season (he's 28). But he's fantastic in the air, hard working and would be quite a differently shaped piece of the puzzle for GP to use.

12 goals (of which seven were headers) and five assists in the Bundesliga so far this season, playing for (imho) a rather shitty team.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This. Said on another thread if we are playing with the likes on Lamptey and Argie Mac, ie, good crosser's of the ball and a theat in the box then we need a real aerial presence in there.
Pukki is just Connelly a year or two ahead.:bigwave:
Well maybe pukki is the stop gap. 11 goals in 30 / 3 assists in a poor team. Hard to turn your nose up at that.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Don't know much about him but he's a bit of a unit, isn't he? A wardrobe to Crouch's hatstand.
It's what I think too, and maybe he'll be up for a new start...maybe GP can work some of the Swedish magic tactically...if he's a free, not much to lose.
Could send him up to the Rangers on loan if he doesn't look brilliant. My mother is still in the squad at St Johnstone.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Pukki has scored more goals this season than Maupay and Connolly put together!

Ivan Toney as the new potential Glenn as per the other thread? could be worth a gamble at the right price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here