Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What Is, The Best Kebab In Brighton?

Can anyone please recommend what they think, is the best kebab in Brighton?

For me, it's got to be Turkish Delight on London Road, however, I'm still willing to try others. We are spoilt with the amount of choices we have. I'm mainly looking for the best doner kebab, however, I am willing to hear thoughts on other kebab recipes.

I know this is a laughable thread, however, this will help with the hangover cure choice haha. Plus, I'm genuinely intrigued.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My cousin has tried quite a few places and insists the best in all-in-one at bottom of Coldean Lane and will always pay a visit when over this way from Saltdean where he lives.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At last, a thread we can all get behind :thumbsup:

The best kebab tends to be the one you have when you really, really need it. In that respect both Albion Kebabs near the Queens Head and the Golden Grill on Station Road, Portslade (pedants, take note) have served me very, very well after evening games. Don't ask me the actual quality, mind you but it would almost certainly involve ALL the salad, including the jalepeno thing and a sauce mix of garlic mayo and chilli sauce. The only thing that ever beat it were the Belgian Fries I stole off [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] after we beat Palace at home with 10 men.

The actual best kebab place ever isn't in Brighton though. It was on Westferry Road heading out of Canary Wharf's posh bits towards the shitholes of Mudchute and Crossharbour. It did a mega spicy chicken kebab served in a Naan bread the size of a pillow and was washed down with a can of coke for less than a fiver. It was a sober lunch of choice one Friday a month when I was working round there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The actual best kebab place ever isn't in Brighton though. It was on Westferry Road heading out of Canary Wharf's posh bits towards the shitholes of Mudchute and Crossharbour. It did a mega spicy chicken kebab served in a Naan bread the size of a pillow and was washed down with a can of coke for less than a fiver. It was a sober lunch of choice one Friday a month when I was working round there.

I worked by South Quay DLR for a few years and the lunches I had were incredible. Places like you described, some place did columbian potatoes which was basically a jacket potato, then deep fried with mince, the dim sum on the boat (Lotus?) even the occasional Goodmans take away burger meal deal. Good job I could eat well at lunch as thanks to Southern I wasn’t getting back to 9pm+ most nights [emoji849]

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Can anyone please recommend what they think, is the best kebab in Brighton?

For me, it's got to be Turkish Delight on London Road, however, I'm still willing to try others. We are spoilt with the amount of choices we have. I'm mainly looking for the best doner kebab, however, I am willing to hear thoughts on other kebab recipes.

I know this is a laughable thread, however, this will help with the hangover cure choice haha. Plus, I'm genuinely intrigued.

I had one from there the other night at work and wasn't that impressed, but then I have been ruined by the kebabs available round the corner from the In-laws, £6 will get you a chicken shish/lamb dinner mix in a garlic naan that's the size of my forearm.

See, you can only consider a Kebab being "the best" when it is in a naan bread, pitta is for pussies.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

The best kebab tends to be the one you have when you really, really need it. In that respect both Albion Kebabs near the Queens Head and the Golden Grill on Station Road, Portslade (pedants, take note) have served me very, very well after evening games. Don't ask me the actual quality, mind you but it would almost certainly involve ALL the salad, including the jalepeno thing and a sauce mix of garlic mayo and chilli sauce. The only thing that ever beat it were the Belgian Fries I stole off [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] after we beat Palace at home with 10 men.

Plus one for the Golden Grill, Portslade - as kebabs go, very good

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tuckers in Kemp Town. He does a good chilli burger too.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Wheels out old joke from the shed.....

I hear that Fenerbahce are after Willie Donachie, as well as Phil Babb, to add to their coaching staff.

Everyone knows that the Turks like Donachie Babb...........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is Sobs still in Dyke Road 7 Dials? ( it's still on Google Earth)
Going back many years to the early 90s when I lived near there, I would visit Sobs at least 4 times a week, Kebabs were always nice.

Late 80s when I lived near Preston Park, a chip shop at the bottom of Grantham Road did very nice Doner Kebabs, not even a chip shop there now..

I can't help with what is the best in Brighton in 2020, as I no longer eat meat.

AH, Albion Kebabs is one I've not had for quite a long time. Thanks for the tips though. I've been looking at recipes to make a doner kebab at home, as it's probably half the calories, but you cannot beat a good Donner kebab.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I worked by South Quay DLR for a few years and the lunches I had were incredible. Places like you described, some place did columbian potatoes which was basically a jacket potato, then deep fried with mince, the dim sum on the boat (Lotus?) even the occasional Goodmans take away burger meal deal. Good job I could eat well at lunch as thanks to Southern I wasn’t getting back to 9pm+ most nights [emoji849]

I think the dim sum was Lotus - we were regulars there as well :lolol:

I also don't miss the trains though. Jubilee down = stuck on the island.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I used to like a Kebab until the council introduced the 'Scores on the doors ' hygiene ratings. Is there a decent kebab shop with a five star hygiene rating?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Best Kebab in Brighton? Longtime lockdown time since that post-pub joy was allowed us. Tho in the wee small hours, the answer was always the same, and always will be: THE NEAREST :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I used to like a Kebab until the council introduced the 'Scores on the doors ' hygiene ratings. Is there a decent kebab shop with a five star hygiene rating?

Loads! Albion kebabs has 5

I had one from there the other night at work and wasn't that impressed, but then I have been ruined by the kebabs available round the corner from the In-laws, £6 will get you a chicken shish/lamb dinner mix in a garlic naan that's the size of my forearm.

See, you can only consider a Kebab being "the best" when it is in a naan bread, pitta is for pussies.

haha I've never had one with a naan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here