Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Project Restart

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So Leicester is under threat of a lockdown due to an outbreak so how does that affect LCFCs games? Project restart could be in trouble!

Extra testing for Leicester players and staff, increased self isolation from the players ie, they train, they go straight home they don't go looking for new cars, their wives use Zoom with their barristers. That should do it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So the Mayor says no need at this stage...a local MP presumably not Conservative says there should be.....judging from what I’ve read it’s one specific area that is causing concern...not sure I’d be thinking about any danger to project restart right now...more like how they would enforce a lockdown in one part of the city ..hmm

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's all centred on the Highfields area of Leicester that has lots of terraced housing according to my Aunt and Uncle who live just outside the city.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So the Mayor says no need at this stage...a local MP presumably not Conservative says there should be.....judging from what I’ve read it’s one specific area that is causing concern...not sure I’d be thinking about any danger to project restart right now...more like how they would enforce a lockdown in one part of the city ..hmm

There isn’t. Those outraged that the PL restart has been a great success, can let off some steam.

You called this right all along, I hope you’re enjoying the football :smile:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Highfields is particularly at risk as it contains some high risk ethnic groups and students:

For many years, Highfields has been an extremely multicultural area, with a large ethnic minority, and rapidly evolving population, traditionally being an area occupied by recent immigrants to the city, as well as students from the nearby University of Leicester.

The area has played host to numerous waves of migration to Leicester and subsequent generations, notably including Indian, Jewish, Irish, Polish, Somali, Pakistani, and Caribbean populations, who have contributed significantly to the area's character and rich cultural diversity. Recently the area has seen a large growth in immigrants from Eastern Europe.

Highfields contains Leicester's synagogue, an African-Caribbean Centre, various Christian churches and many mosques, madrassas and Islamic community centres. The annual Leicester Caribbean Carnival traditionally parades through Highfields to the city centre and back again, terminating at nearby Victoria Park. After funding and logistical difficulties causing the event to be cancelled in 2006, the Carnival has now been reinstated to Leicester's cultural calendar.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Highfields is particularly at risk as it contains some high risk ethnic groups and students:

For many years, Highfields has been an extremely multicultural area, with a large ethnic minority, and rapidly evolving population, traditionally being an area occupied by recent immigrants to the city, as well as students from the nearby University of Leicester.

The area has played host to numerous waves of migration to Leicester and subsequent generations, notably including Indian, Jewish, Irish, Polish, Somali, Pakistani, and Caribbean populations, who have contributed significantly to the area's character and rich cultural diversity. Recently the area has seen a large growth in immigrants from Eastern Europe.

Highfields contains Leicester's synagogue, an African-Caribbean Centre, various Christian churches and many mosques, madrassas and Islamic community centres. The annual Leicester Caribbean Carnival traditionally parades through Highfields to the city centre and back again, terminating at nearby Victoria Park. After funding and logistical difficulties causing the event to be cancelled in 2006, the Carnival has now been reinstated to Leicester's cultural calendar.

Very similar to areas of Birmingham at the beginning of the crisis. Labour MP trying to say it's poverty causing it. Don't think so more like the inability of many to adhere to social distancing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's all centred on the Highfields area of Leicester that has lots of terraced housing according to my Aunt and Uncle who live just outside the city.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that the majority of Leicester's first team squad don't live in the Highfields area of Leicester.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm going to go on a limb and say that the majority of Leicester's first team squad don't live in the Highfields area of Leicester.

Vardy's house looked a bit rundown when they filmed inside

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Very similar to areas of Birmingham at the beginning of the crisis. Labour MP trying to say it's poverty causing it. Don't think so more like the inability of many to adhere to social distancing.

Not hard to imagine a number of potential links between poverty and greater exposure to the virus though, is it?

• Lower paid jobs more likely to be public facing
  • Lower paid jobs often can't be done from home
  • Insecure jobs mean you don't have the negotiating position to refuse to work if risks are high
  • Poorer people more likely to have to use public transport
  • Cramped housing
  • No gardens
  • More likely to be multi-generational households (kids can't afford to move out + can't afford care homes)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Almost certainly correct but there are more than players needed to put on the game. Stadium staff such as the minimal amount of stewards needed a few admin or whatever.. Currently Leicester under threat but could be other locations, Bournemouth, Liverpool etc!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well I’m to shake hands with all the infectious. My mate Dominic will then have a drive up to see you all as he’s due another eye test.

Your not alone Leicester.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'd go further and say that the majority of Leicester's first team squad have never, ever even been to the Highfields area of Leicester.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a question. Has the PL agreed plans and protocols for what will happen if a team catches Coronavirus/has to self-isolate for 2 weeks and can't put out a team to fulfil their fixture? Have they considered the possibility?

If a club can't put out a team on the scheduled matchday, does the match just become a void, or is the other team awarded a theoretical 3-0 win? Have they incorporated contingency plans into 'Project Restart'? If they haven't set out rules and regulations for this sort of contingency, can we all agree they're not fit to organise a pi88 up in a brewery?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here