Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion interested in Ivan Toney

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are we planning on being in the Championship then ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Good lord, most of the goals in that highlights reel are the result of horrific defensive errors.

Looks like this lad is being touted around other clubs by his agent. I just don’t see this happening, if it does however, I trust Dan Ashworths judgement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has certainly earned a chance to play in the Championship, Watford would be the better option for the lad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I guess if you throw enough shit at a wall something should stick at least once... not for me thanks

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Living in Peterborough he is the golden boy and has stood out in their push for promotion. Definitely a talent but still raw and it’s a gamble.
However his price is quoted locally as £11m. Posh live on gate receipts and will struggle without them which is why they have to sell. They may sell three or four other players or just Toney which would give them cash over try and find a replacement for another push next season.
It’s a gamble but not really for a premier club.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Should have posted on this thread instead of the general which strikers thread.

The Posh model is interesting. Sign young hungry strikers proven at cL2 or Conf level and then play the team a certain way to showcase their talents, even if it means the team can get exposed defensively and sell for a huge profit: exhibit A

CMS
MacLean
Bennett
Washington
Assombalonga
Tomlin
Gayle

All of whom haven’t quite repeated their breakthrough seasons form. Arguably Gayle is the outlier to this but whilst they are decent enough they were made to look better with the style of play.

Typically they look to play a style create chance after chance after chance so if you look at conversion rates they’d be on the low side.

I’m not saying he isn’t undoubtedly talented but I don’t think us or any Prem club should take a punt now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
All power and pace, a real handful and a nightmare for defenders to come up against. Reminds me very much of a young Marcus Bent.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Living in Peterborough he is the golden boy and has stood out in their push for promotion. Definitely a talent but still raw and it’s a gamble.
However his price is quoted locally as £11m. Posh live on gate receipts and will struggle without them which is why they have to sell. They may sell three or four other players or just Toney which would give them cash over try and find a replacement for another push next season.
It’s a gamble but not really for a premier club.

Quoted by who though? Darragh Whatshisface who is the most important man in the world........in Darraghland.

When you've got a product to sell you can set the price as high as you like, doesn't mean anyone is going to pay it.

Has anyone ever paid that sort of money for a third division footballer?

They'll do well to get £5m for him.

And after CMS its very much a no from me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There was a player with a very mediocre goalscoring record in the lower leagues. Worse than this player's and at a lower level. Then at a similar age, he had a good season with Rochdale.

We then signed him and the rest was history..

Also, and I forget his name, young bloke who West Ham and Norwich let go and couldn’t get in the team at Bristol Rovers either...loaned out to Bath even!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Toney began the 2019–20 season with seven goals in the first seven league games, concluding with a hat-trick in a 6–0 home win over Rochdale on 14 September. The following month, he asked a chant sung by Peterborough fans about the size of his genitalia to be changed to make it more family-friendly."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here