Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man city have more class than southampton

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Man city will give liverpool a guard of honour. It still rankles that Southampton couldn't do the same for us back in the Withdean days - pathetic and showing a complete lack of class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought EXACTLY that when I read Pep’s comments. Whatever happened to the physio turned manager?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And Mr Adkins, do you think Brighton will win promotion this year?

If they can catch us!

....... and that when we were about 10 points ahead of them.����

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think everyone has more class than Southampton.

Of all the away games I’ve been to over the years, their fans were the worst, homophobic and screaming abuse at my 10 year old son as we left the ground.

And Hammond’s behaviour that day at Withdean was still among the worst I’ve seen to opposition fans.

And yes Adkins is still a prick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think everyone has more class than Southampton.

Of all the away games I’ve been to over the years, their fans were the worst, homophobic and screaming abuse at my 10 year old son as we left the ground.

And Hammond’s behaviour that day at Withdean was still among the worst I’ve seen to opposition fans.

And yes Adkins is still a prick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They do have a real issue with homophobia maybe they are closet gays scared to come out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some Saints prick pissed up was giving it a little loudly singing saints songs in the train queue last year... Soon piped down when a few of us called him out for being a prick. The saints couple next to us were sound and saying what an embarrassment he was. Chatted to his mate a bit and explained he was being a prick etc - old bill then pulled him further down the line to have a word and the copper said ‘didn’t I speak to you last year?’. Very funny and got a lot of stick from the Albion around him. His mate who was also hammered and put in his place a bit then goes ‘are we having it or not’ - we all just laughed at him and pointed out he’d waited til we were right in front of the old bill to say it and just ridiculed him. Classy club.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought EXACTLY that when I read Pep’s comments. Whatever happened to the physio turned manager?

I think since Hull, he has drawn a blue line under his management career and moved on.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Lay the blame on Adkins, not Saints. I remember when we played them in the last game at the Dell. We were given a great reception and paraded the League trophy that we won that season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh it's like 'The Last Dance' all over again. :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adkins was and is a grade A smug prick, totally classless just like Southampton are

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone see the way Ashley Barnes pulled out of that challenge. He's not good enough for us.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are we STILL not over this?!

I promise you I hate Southampton more than anyone on here but it was 9 years ago and the guard of honour thing is a bit of a nonsense anyway. I doubt the players give any f**** about it whatsoever.

I'm not over 1978

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Are we STILL not over this?!

I promise you I hate Southampton more than anyone on here but it was 9 years ago and the guard of honour thing is a bit of a nonsense anyway. I doubt the players give any f**** about it whatsoever.

I think most people are over it, if there was ever anything to get over. But its always good to remember what a classless cockwomble Adkins was, from the comments about keeping up to not forming a guard of honour. He thought his Southampton side only had to turn up to win the league that season and he was left with a massive amount of egg on his stupid face.

It's also worth remembering he was Reading manager when Ulloa scored that goal at Forest. He must really hate Brighton.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't think Nigel is too bad shocker!
When he popped up on Twitter talking about Walks he was doing, I couldn't help Asking if he was keeping up. To be fair, he took the time to Reply.

'Good morning Tim. Happy days hey. It was good rivalry at the time. Great to see both clubs in the Premier League. Best regards Nigel'

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Southampton do not have any class so not difficult

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think most people are over it, if there was ever anything to get over. But its always good to remember what a classless cockwomble Adkins was, from the comments about keeping up to not forming a guard of honour. He thought his Southampton side only had to turn up to win the league that season and he was left with a massive amount of egg on his stupid face.

It's also worth remembering he was Reading manager when Ulloa scored that goal at Forest. He must really hate Brighton.

Guards of honour are up there with pre and post match handshakes, asking the ref to book a player, diving and spitting for British football faux outrage.

He was incredibly irritating that season and they are a horrible football club with, in my opinion, one of the worst sets of fans in the country. But having met Adkins a few times through work when he was manager there, he was actually a really nice bloke!

(And whisper it quietly, Pardew was also a total gentleman! The girls in my office knew him as the Silver Fox! [emoji2961])

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here