Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hells Angels, are they still around?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just watching a documentary on You Tube about the Bikie gangs in Sydney, but are the HA still about locally?

Growing up I’d heard all these stories about the ‘Sussex Hogs’ and about 20 years ago I did a Hells Angel funeral at Worthing with about 60 bikes following, but this group must all be in the 60-90 age bracket by now?

Any idea NSC?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They are around.

The history will show Road Rats, Hell Angels and a couple of others in Sussex that I cannot recall. They have pretty much fallen by the wayside, except the HA.

Yes, they are far less visual, they are mostly of elder years, but they still have a business to run. Black market importation, drug distribution and money to launder. A place opposite the Blind Busker in Hove (Bar 59?) used to have a resident group of seemingly affable, drinking buddies of mature years. You would need to be a serious gangster to knowingly cross them.

Over here, the ‘bikie’ gangs exist in a far bigger way. More visual, less intelligent, and utter tools. Two kinds of people are involved, calculating guys who do not care who gets hurt, and foot soldiers looking for a cause to follow. Bit like football hooligans really.

I really do look at them as an exhibit from history, but would avoid becoming an enemy at all costs.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They are around.

The history will show Road Rats, Hell Angels and a couple of others in Sussex that I cannot recall. They have pretty much fallen by the wayside, except the HA.

Yes, they are far less visual, they are mostly of elder years, but they still have a business to run. Black market importation, drug distribution and money to launder. A place opposite the Blind Busker in Hove (Bar 59?) used to have a resident group of seemingly affable, drinking buddies of mature years. You would need to be a serious gangster to knowingly cross them.

Over here, the ‘bikie’ gangs exist in a far bigger way. More visual, less intelligent, and utter tools. Two kinds of people are involved, calculating guys who do not care who gets hurt, and foot soldiers looking for a cause to follow. Bit like football hooligans really.

I really do look at them as an exhibit from history, but would avoid becoming an enemy at all costs.

On a different note during lockdown my Mrs was watching Australia Love Island are all Aussie males totally incoherent or just the thicko’s on the show? :shrug:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
An acquaintance of mine’s dad is a Hell’s Angel who went to prison for a mass brawl at Birmingham airport. Pretty mad stuff.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure about local but loads were in London last summer for a meet up.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
On a different note during lockdown my Mrs was watching Australia Love Island are all Aussie males totally incoherent or just the thicko’s on the show? :shrug:

They have their fair share of bogans (Chavs), on the upside they tend to be hardworking sorts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Second series of Mayans MC Is finally available on iPlayer. Quite different to Sons of Anarchy, but just as OTT and strangely enjoyable.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I got stuck behind a load of the wankers on the M40 once. About 50 of them, taking up all three lanes and cruising along at
50mph for the length of the motorway. I’ve never seen anything less scary in my life.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
On more than one occasion in the distant past, I've walked behind some 'bikers', from the Hungry Years up to Brighton Station in the early hours - they were wearing the right gear and carrying their crash helmets - and then got on a train home. Poseurs :lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
On more than one occasion in the distant past, I've walked behind some 'bikers', from the Hungry Years up to Brighton Station in the early hours - they were wearing the right gear and carrying their crash helmets - and then got on a train home. Poseurs :lolol:

Went to Brighton to buy crash helmets?

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Went to Brighton to buy crash helmets?

Nah, spent the night down the Hungry Years (seafront nightclub which played hard rock music) dressed as bikers, and then got the train home, carrying their crash helmets with them :)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I remember riding to Hastings to go to a scooteris/soul do on the seafront, it was upstairs above a biker pub. The Carlisle became infamous soon after as 2 biker gangs arrived at the same time, one from Laaandan and one from Brum, someone got killed ( 1988?) . But generally it was ok, I used to go there to see bands sometimes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I got stuck behind a load of the wankers on the M40 once. About 50 of them, taking up all three lanes and cruising along at
50mph for the length of the motorway. I’ve never seen anything less scary in my life.

So unscary that you sat behind them at 50mph for the length of the M40 :lolol:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
A mate at work recently asked the local Sussex chapter for a permit to wear patches on his leathers, just to be on the safe side. He didn't want any hassle.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They were not HA.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They are old enough not to pick fights, they just quietly do what they do. If you want to run a couple down then feel free.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Last Saturday around 50 Vikings MC passed us in Sleepy Petworth ,not seen that many as one in a long time . Late 80's witnessed what can only be described as a vicious fight in a local pub on a Christmas eve . One chapter mentioned by an earlier poster decided to kick off . They got as good as they gave . One of the locals got stabbed through the hand and lost the use of it ,being a brickie he lost his business and house etc . Proved too much and sadly he took his own life a couple of years later RIP Billy .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here