Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow, this thread is still relevant

Absolutely pathetic from the bottom 5. Have any of them won recently? Long may it continue.. Come on the Chelsea!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Finally someone’s won but with their fixtures and squad cost etc I’m glad it’s West Ham as can’t see them going. Still hoping it’s villa and Muff - we need 3-4 points to be safe

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Finally someone’s won but with their fixtures and squad cost etc I’m glad it’s West Ham as can’t see them going. Still hoping it’s villa and Muff - we need 3-4 points to be safe

It had to happen at some point, we’ve had a good run, but one of the teams below us had to win eventually.

All eyes now on Villa and Bournemouth

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even a draw at Norwich isn’t a disaster. Villa and Bournemouth have hard games next 2 and if they were to lose them we’d be sitting very pretty even with a point sat...

Will Norwich have accepted their fate after a trouncing tonight? Who knows...

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Even a draw at Norwich isn’t a disaster. Villa and Bournemouth have hard games next 2 and if they were to lose them we’d be sitting very pretty even with a point sat...

Will Norwich have accepted their fate after a trouncing tonight? Who knows...

Saturday feels like the last chance for Norwich and I'm sure they'll throw everything at it. Hope we can be in the right in set for this one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saturday feels like the last chance for Norwich and I'm sure they'll throw everything at it. Hope we can be in the right in set for this one.

Potter has to get the formation and team right. It’s clear Lamptey should start right back, Maupay and Trossard. That’s the 3 definite starters for me (with Dunky and Maty obviously).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Definitely their last chance and they will go for it as a must win, however, they leave massive gaps which is why Gross will play a pivotal role for us

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Watford

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Think the bottom three is how it will finish personally. Villa and Bournemouth both have tough fixtures left and can't see much more than one win each which on current form seems unlikely. Hoping West Ham take confidence from tonight as they have to play Norwich, Watford and Villa so if they can beat all three it will help us massively

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Still 20% of the season to go.
I’d be very surprised if bmuff underperformed as they have been recently, for the rest of the season. They’ve got some good players. One win and I can see them turning it round. Exactly the same with West Ham.
Id say Villa are More doomed because of their tactics. They’re on the back foot from the start of games, so will struggle To win games.
Bmuff concern me because they’re still trying, even tonight. It’s just not Coming off for them. Unfortunately they still have fight.
Huge game for us against Norwich. I hope they don’t take a devil may care approach, and have simply given up. So important we score first.

Bournemouth have lost 16 of their last 21 games. If we can get 3 more points we'll be safe from any threat of them catching us unless something miraculous happens. Their remaining fixtures suggest there'll be no miracles.

I think it's the same for Villa. They have a tough run in. It's a huge ask for them to turn their season round and get 9 or 10 points from their last six games which are , like Bournemouth's, a difficult run of games.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Potter has to get the formation and team right. It’s clear Lamptey should start right back, Maupay and Trossard. That’s the 3 definite starters for me (with Dunky and Maty obviously).

That was what was frustrating the other night. We were likely to lose whatever team and formation we put out. But it was obvious from the 1st minute we had no chance with the bizarre line up selection.

To be fair to GP though, he hasn't often got it so wrong this season. Hopefully he'll put it right Saturday. As Beach Hut said, I also think Gross should play a pivotal role Saturday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Perhaps Trossard is better off the bench. Has contributed very little in the main, and even Tuesday Utd had done the hard work so dropped their levels and coasted from half-time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here