Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Help save vintage aircraft collection, please sign

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I have signed but.......the full story is the airfield has been sold by the owner to Coxs Automobiles who will be storing cars at the airfield. ( soon to be car park).

The owners of some aircraft are actively looking at building a museum on part of the site that was not included in the deal with Cox's....thats still under discussion.

The Buccaneer Society is moving its aircraft to Kemble in Gloustershire.
The VC10 Society are currently trying to raise £300K to move a jet to a destination unknown.
The Cold War jets collection have the following in taxiable ( not flying ) condition.

• English Electric Lightnings F.6 (XR728)
• English Electric Lightnings F.6 (XS904)
• Handley Page Victor, (XM715)
• BAe Nimrod (XV226)
• Hawker Hunter T.7 (XL565)
• Hunting Percival Jet Provost (XN542)
• Hunting Percival Jet Provost (XN584)
• Hunting Percival Jet Provost (XM365)
• Hunting Percival Jet Provost (XP672)
• Blackburn Buccaneer (XW544)
• Blackburn Buccaneer (XX894)
• Blackburn Buccaneer (XX900)
• English Electric Canberra (WT333)
• Vickers VC10 (ZD241)

The Smaller aircraft could have wings removed and them moved by road, its also possible with the larger aircraft ie Nimrod and Victor but will cost a lot more and take a lot longer..

There is plenty about the sale of Brunty on aircraft spotters websites, but unless a multi millionaire turns up I guess a lot will be sent to the scrap yard....( same as the Tristars currently stored there.)

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/sav...r-jets-preserved-at-bruntingthorpe-aerodrome/ read more here...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Signed, but I don't hold out much hope sadly.

I've been meaning to get to Bruntingthorpe for one of their Taxi Days for the last few years, but something else has always come up. Looks like I've missed my chance now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here