Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Concerts at the Amex

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I know there is not a lot going on anywhere at the moment but what has happened to concerts at the Amex?
Is it because we are in the prem the revenue is not needed? Were the ones that happened not successful?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No loss to me, not a stadium concert fan personally. Rod Stewart concert and the mayhem in getting away killed any desire for me...however if Neil Young, Dylan or Coldplay were playing I’d be there like a shot :shrug:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I think it was in the good idea category when ground being built - but money to be made is likely to be marginal and not worth the hassle - reckon we make more re having events over summer in the lounges in west stand - problem is location and unlike a match when us fans are trained into arriving early and leaving later so transport usage is staggered; a concert crowd will just all arrive at once then all expect to leave at same time too

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No loss to me, not a stadium concert fan personally. Rod Stewart concert and the mayhem in getting away killed any desire for me...however if Neil Young, Dylan or Coldplay were playing I’d be there like a shot :shrug:

Coldplay :lolol: the musical equivalent of Mrs Brown's Boys :wozza:

The West Stand full of people holding their phones with the light on would be quite a sight :rolleyes:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Coldplay :lolol: the musical equivalent of Mrs Brown's Boys :wozza:

:rolleyes:

Titfer duly Doffed :clap2:

I'd have thought, acoustically the County ground is vastly superior to the Amex . . . . although the neighbors may be fussier, dependent on artiste.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ROYAL BLOOD @ the Amex please

Thinking about it, an All dayer of local bands/Artists would be great... . Obviously I would be glad to help ;-)

I've always wanted to do a mini festival in Buckingham park Shoreham, the natural slope makes it perfect.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Thinking about it, an All dayer of local bands/Artists would be great... . Obviously I would be glad to help ;-)

I've always wanted to do a mini festival in Buckingham park Shoreham, the natural slope makes it perfect.

Ben, Royal Blood drummer, is always in the West Lower. They've just sponsored Rustington FC. They'd be an excellent headliner to a 'Sussex Aid' festival. How many Brighton/Sussex artists are out their at the moment (finger not on the pulse):lolol:

Ben, Royal Blood drummer, is always in the West Lower. They've just sponsored Rustington FC. They'd be an excellent headliner to a 'Sussex Aid' festival. How many Brighton/Sussex artists are out their at the moment (finger not on the pulse):lolol:

A well known Stockbroker is keeping busy on line. punk:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know there is not a lot going on anywhere at the moment but what has happened to concerts at the Amex?
Is it because we are in the prem the revenue is not needed? Were the ones that happened not successful?

I would wager a reasonable sum that transport links are a big disincentive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here