Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Plane with banner over the Goldstone

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Do I remember a plane, toeing a banner, circling over the Goldstone many years ago. Did it say something like 'Bamber out'

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m not sure how you can expect us to remember whether you remember that when you cannot remember whether you remember.

:smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
46C533A7-4E00-47D1-9C5A-06C225D32B86.png
D3A643BA-0E81-4CCE-87BC-FC131F48F34A.png

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks for a memory refresh - 35 years ago!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did Alan Bedson bring anything to party as Chairman? I was more gutted by Cattlin’s sacking than any other Albion managerial sacking or departure, we were doing OK and had a team that played some good football. The slippery slope started to accelerate after his sacking imo

Vinicombe always struck me as a mouthpiece for the club rather than the independent voice of the local rag :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I remember it well though I can't recall where I was in the ground at the time. I loved Cattlin and although an admirer of Mullers, didn't wish for his return at that point.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cattlin was great . . . And badly treated I thought. I do remember going to the Dome for the pre season hoo haa when Mullery came back, Des et all there too.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Now, as with previous posters, my memory is fading as I get older, but back in the 80's an ad was placed in the Argus Classified section , it read something like
Eleven clockwork clowns for sale, all well oiled, some more than others, and gave the telephone number of The Goldstone. I think it was linked to a run of poor results and certain senior players being seen on the razzle. As I say, I can't remember the exact incident or the year it happened, but I know the club weren't best pleased with it. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on it, we thought it was pretty funny at the time.
:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now, as with previous posters, my memory is fading as I get older, but back in the 80's an ad was placed in the Argus Classified section , it read something like
Eleven clockwork clowns for sale, all well oiled, some more than others, and gave the telephone number of The Goldstone. I think it was linked to a run of poor results and certain senior players being seen on the razzle. As I say, I can't remember the exact incident or the year it happened, but I know the club weren't best pleased with it. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on it, we thought it was pretty funny at the time.
:lolol:

Don’t recall that but it was probably directed at the Coral’s squash club crew. Pissing in an indoor flowerpot springs to mind

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do I remember a plane, toeing a banner, circling over the Goldstone many years ago. Did it say something like 'Bamber out'

Can you tell me how much I enjoyed my breakfast this morning because I can't remember. Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here