Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possession

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Early season our possession states were talked as a positive, normally in games where we were seen as “unlucky” with the result.

However a quick check in shows our possession stats in the last two games are way down despite positive results.

So, does possession mean s***?

Let the contributory factors battle commence

abe232936fa6eee0e82ccbe2e1cb77b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought you'd just discovered nine tenths of the law.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Wanted to draw some hype for possible bear pit candidacy

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You may be in possession of some incredible length or girth, but I gather that doesn't matter, and what you do with it is what counts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You’re still in the Hughton mindset that the manager has a “set” way of playing.

GP has drilled the team to play multiple formations and systems that are interchangeable mid game. There are times where we will dominate the ball again, in the right game, but other times a quick counter is more deadly. Very team dependent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re still in the Hughton mindset that the manager has a “set” way of playing.

GP has drilled the team to play multiple formations and systems that are interchangeable mid game. There are times where we will dominate the ball again, in the right game, but other times a quick counter is more deadly. Very team dependent.

This. We are now a different club. The old ideas about formation and tactics no longer apply.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Possession in defensive third means nothing unless of course you are protecting a lead

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Early season our possession states were talked as a positive, normally in games where we were seen as “unlucky” with the result.

However a quick check in shows our possession stats in the last two games are way down despite positive results.

So, does possession mean s***?

Let the contributory factors battle commence

abe232936fa6eee0e82ccbe2e1cb77b7.jpg

I actually felt more comfortable with Leicester having more possession in the last game, in recent games with them we have had most of it but they have beaten us with counter attacks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here