Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Counteracting a brilliant front three

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As the season draws to a weary end, our Premier League fate is still to be decided.

To survive, I believe we’ll need at least three more points, there is a chance we’ll need more if three of the sides below us find some good form.

I see any points we get against Man Utd, Liverpool or Man City as bonus points, our main haul needs to seemingly come from fixtures against Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle & Burnley.

If we are to get anything from the three games against the traditional ‘top six’. We’re probably going to have to stop the following deadly trios.

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Cling film across the goals? Do both just to make sure and guarantee 3 points over the 3 matches.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
As the season draws to a weary end, our Premier League fate is still to be decided.

To survive, I believe we’ll need at least three more points, there is a chance we’ll need more if three of the sides below us find some good form.

I see any points we get against Man Utd, Liverpool or Man City as bonus points, our main haul needs to seemingly come from fixtures against Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle & Burnley.

If we are to get anything from the three games against the traditional ‘top six’. We’re probably going to have to stop the following deadly trios.

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?
That shows the gulf between Liverpool and Man Utd currently, the forward lines are incomparable, still don't fancy the Utd forwards bearing down on us though.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
48b460b1036a2bc6ae42c3b5c5cc9771.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Swansea a couple of years ago did it by denying all space, playing a 9-0-1 in a deep lying defence, hoping to pinch a set piece goal themselves.

Whilst a former PL player said this week that you should take the game to them, as they’re going to score anyway, hoping to win in a high scoring game. His point: why do a Palace at Anfield, to sit back from the word go, making your chances of a result almost impossible?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You counteract a brilliant front three, with a formidable back three.

Webster* - Dunk - Burn

*Or Duffy, subject of much debate.

Apart from Potter who consistently starts with Webster

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?
We’ve an outside chance with the United front three but the others........ Only if they don’t turn up.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?

I can guarantee you that on the Man U, Liverpool and City forums they will be having the same discussions about the deadly front 3 of Maupay, Connolly and Mac Allister.

Lets fight fire with fire and Attack, Attack, Attack.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Rashford-Martial-James

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Sterling-Jesus-Mahrez

How will we do it?

Stop the supply, by playing Stephens Propper and Bissouma against United and City. And playing Montoya, Lampety, Burn and Bernado against Liverpool.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
3, 5, 2, 1

That’s 3 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, and Murray on his own up front because of his defending at set pieces.

Button, Ryan. Steele.

Lamptey. Webster. Dunk. Duffy. Burn.
Stephens. Bissouma.
Murray.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can guarantee you that on the Man U, Liverpool and City forums they will be having the same discussions about the deadly front 3 of Maupay, Connolly and Mac Allister.

Lets fight fire with fire and Attack, Attack, Attack.

Love the phrase fight fire with fire. Let's do it.

I genuinely believe we won't lose those 3 games and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we find a win.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We’ve an outside chance with the United front three but the others........ Only if they don’t turn up.

I'm optimistic that liverpool and city will have nothing to play for by the time we meet, Man Untidy can be shat on some days, there is hope against all three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here