Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coronavirus and the USA

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not so bad, just bumping the pre-flight test up to the day before travel.

Maybe my February half-term trip isn't doomed after all (although I suspect it probably will be by then).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Father in law, hard working business owner just retired before the pandemic, several failed marriages, turns to god, voted for Trump, believes the vote was rigged, told that covid is a hoax, refused the vaccine….

Ignored texts and voicemail messages from our daughter to get the vaccine, she told him she got the vaccine to protect him (she’s 12) ready for Christmas when we come over (re booked our tickets, trip back on)

Message today he thinks he’s got covid and will go to the doctors today !!!
The wife & daughter were meant to fly out on Saturday….

I give up….

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
[MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]

Last time I went to the states I had to do an antigen test via zoom (or by trained professional). Is this still the case ?

Seems now you just need to do a test 24 hours before flight and can be self administered?

Ta

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]

Last time I went to the states I had to do an antigen test via zoom (or by trained professional). Is this still the case ?

Seems now you just need to do a test 24 hours before flight and can be self administered?

Ta

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yeah. Still has to be watched

Just booked one

Looks like all return tests are being ditched.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just back from Vegas/Orlando and the testing is so easy to get in, I am not even sure they paid much attention when they did it.

LHR checked everything twice

Masks wearing onboard depends on what cabin you are in on if they care or not.

The PLF was pretty simple as well took about 5 minutes - the airline turned away lots of people to re-do it because it was incorrectly done.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Just back from Vegas/Orlando and the testing is so easy to get in, I am not even sure they paid much attention when they did it.

The PLF was pretty simple as well took about 5 minutes - the airline turned away lots of people to re-do it because it was incorrectly done.

That's useful to know, thanks. I'm due in LA for a business conference next month, my first flight since a family holiday to Mexico in 2019.

I was due to be in business but now they've gone and added more attendees to the list, and so travel arrangements have been downgraded so it will be premium economy at best. I don't much fancy wearing a mask for a 12 hour flight so I'm hoping its lenient, but naturally will toe the line if it's enforced.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Did you have a great time?

Was everything now open in Vegas & Orlando?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's useful to know, thanks. I'm due in LA for a business conference next month, my first flight since a family holiday to Mexico in 2019.

I was due to be in business but now they've gone and added more attendees to the list, and so travel arrangements have been downgraded so it will be premium economy at best. I don't much fancy wearing a mask for a 12 hour flight so I'm hoping its lenient, but naturally will toe the line if it's enforced.

I used project screen and it was so easy, they just sent a Zoom link which you followed at the time and the doctor runs through it all - I just don’t see how they can see what you are doing it properly - had to put phone down on desk a few times to free up hands to do the test.

After the upload I had the form within an hour via email.

No one checked anything USA side on arrival so getting through was pretty quick, wasn’t a queue.

I would 100 percent take a paper copy as back up of vaccination / Test result - just easier at UK airport and just in case.

I did BC and I didn’t see anyone mention the masks once, friend in ECC said people were walking around checking and asking people to.

Obviously this is based on 2 international flights and it depends on the crew etc

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I’m just back from a few days in Miami Beach. Most wore masks both ways and we had to show our LTF results on the way out and PLF at Miami Airport on the way home. There was barely any evidence of a pandemic in Miami however!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Did you have a great time?

Was everything now open in Vegas & Orlando?

Yeah was great thanks

I found Vegas prices had gone up a bit - seem to add on extra charges in a few places

Orlando was Orlando, few of the hotels survived by renting out long term rents to ladies of service, so if you are planning to visit worth double checking you are not rocking up to one of those.

Masks for the public were nowhere to be seen in Vegas, Orlando slightly more but they are stopping them in parks shortly - airports the only place I saw any checking and asking for people to put them on.

Disney have 100 percent used this all to whack up prices and decrease services, but they know people will pay it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m just back from a few days in Miami Beach. Most wore masks both ways and we had to show our LTF results on the way out and PLF at Miami Airport on the way home. There was barely any evidence of a pandemic in Miami however!

They apparently do random checks on the PLF at LHR - didn’t see anyone check

Was Miami completely back to normal?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah was great thanks

I found Vegas prices had gone up a bit - seem to add on extra charges in a few places

Orlando was Orlando, few of the hotels survived by renting out long term rents to ladies of service, so if you are planning to visit worth double checking you are not rocking up to one of those.

Masks for the public were nowhere to be seen in Vegas, Orlando slightly more but they are stopping them in parks shortly - airports the only place I saw any checking and asking for people to put them on.

Disney have 100 percent used this all to whack up prices and decrease services, but they know people will pay it.

What hotels …. for research purposes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here