Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernie Ecclestone says black people are often 'more racist' than white people

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I was at a party about 3 years ago with a couple of friends who are both Jewish . We were standing next to a small group of black people 4 or 5 or which all but one were men . I heard them talking generally about the music business then one of them said something about Jewish people are really in charge because most of the record label heads are Jewish . One of the other men then said something along the lines of Jews are everywhere because they love power and money . I can’t remember the exact language but it was very similar . My friends ears pricked up and I had to move us away from that group as I was very concerned about the two groups clashing . Albeit it was quite a posh party .

However what I’m trying to say is that yes racism is horrible & needs to be stopped , mainly I guess through education but there are racists in every walk of life , white, black and every colour in between . It isn’t exclusively one way but I accept black people um sure have it worse .

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Any one here ever met a black person who hates all white people?

No, and I've never met a white person who hates all black people either. I don't doubt that both exist though.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Depends on what you mean?
Back in my glory years I was seeing a mixed race girl, her dad wouldn’t let Me in the house, Didn’t want his daughter seeing a “white ****” his words to Me. Shame, she loved the Hampton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There are unfortunately people with intolerant views on both sides , so it is not unreasonable to suggest that some black people don’t like white people as well as the other way round .

The reasons why maybe connected to black people feeling white peoples are racist or there maybe other reasons unconnected . However it is not totally unreasonable to suggest a small minority of black people are racist in the way that a small albeit probably larger minority of white people are racist . It’s impossible to know what exactly why people are racist , sometimes it’s fear , sometimes it is jealousy, but mainly ignorance.

I am not defending all the words that come out of Ecclestone’s mouth but to suggest that it is only white people that are racist and never ever anyone black is clearly not true . What is true is the majority is racist against black people. However certainly in the UK I think that ignorance is much improved over the last few years . What doesn’t help is seeing videos on twitter of young black men attacking police vans when the police were trying to break up an illegal rave . There may well have been white youths present but all the ones on the video were black . This helps drive fear and that can lead to racism . It may well be that 99% of young black men are not criminals but perception nowdays is everything.

There have been hundreds of years of systematic anti-black racism and we're currently experiencing a moment where these unresolved issue are coming to the fore. In this climate it is indeed unreasonable to to try to divert the conversation by saying some black people are racist too.

Of course some black people are prejudiced against people of other ethnicities . Of course some black people use racial slurs. But have they oppressed other races? Have they built systems that restrict the opportunities of other races? Have they built a world where white people are judged by the colour of their skin on a daily basis?

Racism is more than just name calling. There are structural, entrenched issues that haven't disappeared just because society at large now frowns on more overt discrimination. The fact that you see the criminal behaviour of some black men as catalyst for racism speaks volumes. I don't mean that as a dig at you but presumably you wouldn't expect the nation to extrapolate unruly behaviour of white people to the global caucasian population. This is the issue that black people are facing in the UK and elsewhere.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Depends on what you mean?
Back in my glory years I was seeing a mixed race girl, her dad wouldn’t let Me in the house, Didn’t want his daughter seeing a “white ****” his words to Me. Shame, she loved the Hampton.

To be fair to him, I'm sure there are more than a few people who would move house if they found out you were seeing their daughter.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
To be fair to him, I'm sure there are more than a few people who would move house if they found out you were seeing their daughter.

I’m a catch, or used to be. Cracking looking bird she was, still refer to her in the **** bank now and again, loved the Cory.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Actually, I think I have had the misfortune to come across a couple, yes.

Don't have a lot of sympathy (or empathy) with Ecclestone, and he appears to be talking bollocks here. But it is a fact that racism can be a two-way street, and sadly sometimes is.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Works both ways unfortunately.

And in the words of Jericho Green......

https://youtu.be/MvFxCmtATfI

Most from the community are rational and pragmatic but there are those who are right into the slavery history and who can feel justified in their racism openly. It's an old wound that hasn't managed to heal over many generations. That is an uncomfortable truth at the moment.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Unacceptable this goes against the tide so he should be stoned at dawn.

Don’t actually agree with him but you can’t have any opinion or even question any of the views/agenda that is contrary to the BLM or racial descrimination movement without immediately being far right or a secret member of the KKK!

Always going to have a major divide until issues can be discussed without people constantly screaming racist when something theh disagree with is raised.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Only on live online discussions, quite often, if that counts? I take it with a pinch of salt though because I understand the angst. There are things that are said that would lead to an end of a career, family, wife kids, friends and acquaintances if it came from a white person. It's something we have to take on the chin though because of the history.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) The Nation of Islam ( NOI )....Black Supremacist and White hating organisation.
2) The Ku Klux Klan...................White Supremacist and Black hating organisation.

Both visible, transparent and in the public eye in the USA and very little done to curb their activities. Both been around for a very long time and have continued to find new recruits amongst each new generation growing up. A country that allows these type of organisations to exist and flourish, will never sort out its black/white issues, as hard as new movements try.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here