Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernie Ecclestone says black people are often 'more racist' than white people

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bernie Ecclestone has claimed that black people are “more racist” than white people and said Formula One has been “too busy” to deal with racism in an astonishing television interview.

The former CEO of Formula One, and a name synonymous with the sport, says in an exchange with CNN that racism “makes me so upset”. He also, however, says he hadn’t thought that Lewis Hamilton’s own experiences of racism had affected the driver. Hamilton, the six-times world champion, recently said he had experienced the “stigma of racism” throughout his F1 career."

Explosive....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just what the world needs right now.

Big Bad Bernie with his trophy wife having a pop at BLM from his ivory tower (probably made of ivory)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In the style of Murray Walker…

And! There! Goes! This! Thread! Straightintothebearpit!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just another rich guy who hasn't any real idea about how privilege works and how it excludes and prohibits some within society.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's not a surprise that there's a dinosaur era with dinosaur beliefs which hasn't quite died out yet.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There are unfortunately people with intolerant views on both sides , so it is not unreasonable to suggest that some black people don’t like white people as well as the other way round .

The reasons why maybe connected to black people feeling white peoples are racist or there maybe other reasons unconnected . However it is not totally unreasonable to suggest a small minority of black people are racist in the way that a small albeit probably larger minority of white people are racist . It’s impossible to know what exactly why people are racist , sometimes it’s fear , sometimes it is jealousy, but mainly ignorance.

I am not defending all the words that come out of Ecclestone’s mouth but to suggest that it is only white people that are racist and never ever anyone black is clearly not true . What is true is the majority is racist against black people. However certainly in the UK I think that ignorance is much improved over the last few years . What doesn’t help is seeing videos on twitter of young black men attacking police vans when the police were trying to break up an illegal rave . There may well have been white youths present but all the ones on the video were black . This helps drive fear and that can lead to racism . It may well be that 99% of young black men are not criminals but perception nowdays is everything.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This thread isn't toxic, it's a debate about what Bernie has come out and said. Doesn't belong in the bear pit unless people make it toxic...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive witnessed strong, public racism between races and ethinc groups. i dont know its any worse than from white people.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This is only a Bear Pit thread if people start defending Bernie Eccelstone. And I don't think many people are still alive that would think he's worth defending!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here