Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Intu enters administration.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What will the good people of Uxbridge do now [MENTION=17941]AmexRuislip [/MENTION] ???

I haven't a Scooby Jaywick Boy :lol:
Seriously though, they'll keep the entres open under new management, otherwise others will suffer.
Intu took over the centre in Watford, transformed it imto a more modern and vibrant shopping centre.
This included a new looking Debenhams, with Hollister, Superdry, a bowling alley and cinema.
I think they're missing out greatly on car park fees.
Albion fans should know the area I'm talking about, as I've seen enough of the buggers in there on match day :D

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Investors in the company's shares will be nursing heavy losses.

Its shares traded as cheaply as 1.2 pence each early on Friday, valuing the company at £16m. It was worth as much as £13bn in 2006.

Wow, that is quite a decline...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seriously though, they'll keep the entres open under new management, otherwise others will suffer.
Intu took over the centre in Watford, transformed it imto a more modern and vibrant shopping centre.
This included a new looking Debenhams, with Hollister, Superdry, a bowling alley and cinema.
Albion fans should know the area I'm talking about, as I've seen enough of the buggers in there on match day :D

It pretty much takes up the whole of Watford between the station and the ground doesn't it? Although, back in the day, the only stop I made was in the Robert Peel.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It pretty much takes up the whole of Watford between the station and the ground doesn't it? Although, back in the day, the only stop I made was in the Robert Peel.

Yes it does.
Robert Peel has closed down now.
Not many decent pubs in Watford nowadays, most of them frequented by chavs.
You have to go out towards rural areas, much better.
Here's to a post Covid coffee :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While rubbish news for the employees I always struggle to understand why companies such as Intu couldn't see the challenge coming. The high street has been in decline for 15 years plus so why on earth would you not change your business model over that time ? Equally why have so many pension funds invested in them ?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
While rubbish news for the employees I always struggle to understand why companies such as Intu couldn't see the challenge coming. The high street has been in decline for 15 years plus so why on earth would you not change your business model over that time ? Equally why have so many pension funds invested in them ?

It is way way more complicated than that.

Intu carried too much leverage because all its assets are secured. Effectively the company is a series of separate asset pools with the plc at the top. No one could have foreseen the decline in asset values over the past couple of years. This is a function of the unregulated rental regime in the UK which meant rents got caught in an upwards only bubble.

Result was a load of separate covenants with lenders only interested in their own security. When the plc RCF covenants got challenged, no one was interested in helping as they wanted to protect themselves.

Also worth mentioned the CEO is a season ticket holder in 1901....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You missed the opportunity to state “Intu enters intu Administration”.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Missed a trick by not opening one in Milan - Intu Milan

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

im not sure Intu are "high street", they are holding shopping centres that have been on the up past years. as noted, lots of debt, and no doubt mismanagment as the long decline of their valuation shows.

the assets, shopping centres will sold off and hopefully minimal impact to them operating.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Maybe we should just stay local anything else (non perishable) could be online ? Never got this shopping centre thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here