Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the ManU plastics was particularly psychopathic. They beat Brighton in a cup game, probably that early 90’s cup tie. The next day he made a beeline to my office to aggressively gloat. A middle aged bloke far older than me, who never ever visited OT, what an arse.

One of my other neighbours...mocking me for supporting The Albion. ManUrethicko. We were in the 4th tier at the time. He'd never been to OT either. Dead now. The twaat. Declined the invite to the funeral. Chris Ramsey. Never forgive, never forget, me. Especially the graceless.

Anyway, I'd love it if we beat Liverpool shortly. Beat anyone, obviously. And ManUre in particular. But smashing Liverpool would be something. Bring It On.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Great man-manager, every player has improved under him, ex players such as Ings only express kind words, no recriminations.

Similar to young Graham Potter in that respect, perhaps.

Being knowledgable sensible realistic, not being a c**t and having humility isn't that difficult. Although for competitive sporting persons it usually is. . . I think GP/JK do share something in common.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuinely we've had fireworks from various locations across the town, could be coincidence. Here can't be the only location it's happened?

Fair play though, after 30 years of hurt, especially watching their big rivsks run amok for much of that time il not going to rain on their parade, statistically at least they're probably going to go down as the greatest ever.

I hope you are being sincere. Usually, I assume you are, when it looks like you are. But sometimes I feel you might just be the NSC Forrest Gump. You decide.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I hope you are being sincere. Usually, I assume you are, when it looks like you are. But sometimes I feel you might just be the NSC Forrest Gump. You decide.

Yes your honour.

To be honest I'm not sure what you can pick out as being obtrusively insincere?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the margin that Liverpool will win it by ( probably) will be enough to erase the x in most people’s minds.

I very much doubt the * (or x) will actually be there - no matter how desperately some people might wish it was. Such a shame for them everything's on line these days - in the old days of paper-based media and records they could have put a * in with their Dad's biro.....................

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuinely we've had fireworks from various locations across the town, could be coincidence. Here can't be the only location it's happened?

Fair play though, after 30 years of hurt, especially watching their big rivsks run amok for much of that time il not going to rain on their parade, statistically at least they're probably going to go down as the greatest ever.

I believed you.

It was the greatest ever question, a surefire way to draw on NSC’s covert supporters of Fergie, Mourinho and the Invincibles. You probably meant they will be for a single season if they break the points record.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes your honour.

To be honest I'm not sure what you can pick out as being obtrusively insincere?

Just asking.

You do like a joke.

And....hats off to you. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I believed you.

It was the greatest ever question, a surefire way to draw on NSC’s covert supporters of Fergie, Mourinho and the Invincibles. You probably meant they will be for a single season if they break the points record.

Yes absolutely, Fergies Man U were incredible for year after year but they never did what this Liverpool side has done and win the league by this amount and with this many points, even the truly great Liverpool sides of the past never did this They're now the reigning European Champions, the current PL champions, the World Champions and I don't see them stopping here, it's a fair question, are they the best ever??

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
bcd96b3dfbfc6170984b543d7c6fc5e5.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Was always going to be the way, with part of NSC then condemning it.

The supporters of any colossal club celebrating their first particular trophy, would do exactly the same. I’d do the same.

Lockdown vis-a-vis big crowds, has broken down anyway, as we’ve seen in local and national news over the last three or four weeks. Increasingly clear that outdoors interactions are not the main threat now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Was always going to be the way, with part of NSC then condemning it.

The supporters of any colossal club celebrating their first particular trophy, would do exactly the same. I’d do the same.

Lockdown vis-a-vis big crowds, has broken down anyway, as we’ve seen in local and national news over the last three or four weeks. Increasingly clear that outdoors interactions are not the main threat now.

Very true, could descend into chaos if the police turn up, imagine how many hubcaps are going to go missing around anfield tonight :lolol:

Concerning when the north west still has the highest infection rate in the U.K. to see though, feels like as a country the boundaries are really being tested and that’s before the pubs officially open :eek:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I work with, and know a lot of Liverpool fans.

Nearly everyone here has some possibly indefensible reason for the team they support, and its often whoever was winning at the time they were 8 (at least mine is down to a heady mix of Liam Brady, Ulimate Soccer Manager 2 and coverage of the Archer era; as obviously the Albion weren't winning anything in the early/mid 90s)

But at least with the Liverpool fans, most of them have stuck with decades of bugger all, on a big team fan level; and I'd say that every single one of them has actually gone to Anfield unlike the average ManU, Chelsea, Leeds or SundIreland day-in-the-sun era fan ever going to a home game. Or any game.

I'm a tiny bit happy for them. Not more than that. The ones that solely support Liverpool from a comfy pub seat and have no interest in the domestic league, or indeed any football outside the PL, can bugger off.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
One of the ManU plastics was particularly psychopathic. They beat Brighton in a cup game, probably that early 90’s cup tie. The next day he made a beeline to my office to aggressively gloat. A middle aged bloke far older than me, who never ever visited OT, what an arse.

Last year when Liverpool failed haha, there were two co-workers who had recently rediscovered their love for Liverpool (both Brightonians) decided to deride their Arsenal supporting manager. I said in jest mostly that she has probably been to Anfield more times than they had. At that point she perked up and counted 6 versus their confession of none. Was a beautiful moment.

Edit to add that is the curse of success you will attract these people.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very true, could descend into chaos if the police turn up, imagine how many hubcaps are going to go missing around anfield tonight :lolol:

Concerning when the north west still has the highest infection rate in the U.K. to see though, feels like as a country the boundaries are really being tested and that’s before the pubs officially open :eek:

Jokes aside.

As you probably know, I’ve liked your posts for a long time. Every NSC’er is entitled to their views of course, but you never previously stood out as an LFC or scouse hater.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They got there by playing good, attacking football and are well deserved winners. I always laugh when there is talk of Alex Fergusson being this God like manager for Manchester United, he won two European Cups in 27 years yet Liverpool won two while seriously underperforming in the Premier League over the same time.

Yeah but Liverpool didn’t also win 13 Premier League titles and five FA Cups in those 27 years, did they? :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last year when Liverpool failed haha, there were two co-workers who had recently rediscovered their love for Liverpool (both Brightonians) decided to deride their Arsenal supporting manager. I said in jest mostly that she has probably been to Anfield more times than they had. At that point she perked up and counted 6 versus their confession of none. Was a beautiful moment.

Edit to add that is the curse of success you will attract these people.

True.

I only ever knew one Arsenal fan until George Graham started winning things. All adults, a brother of mine switched from Leeds, an Ipswich plastic mate converted to Arsenal as did a ManU plastic colleague. Hilariously, the ManU colleague converted back to ManU when Fergie finally cracked it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Jokes aside.

As you probably know, I’ve liked your posts for a long time. Every NSC’er is entitled to their views of course, but you never previously stood out as an LFC or scouse hater.

Just a bit of banter really :lolol: Good luck to them, can’t beat that feeling of celebration the day at the Amex after we got promoted was incredible, and in some ways I actually feel sorry for them not having a proper chance to celebrate an entirely deserved title, that’s pretty crap really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here