Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Whether or not you have any time for Liverpool and their fans, you have to say that that group of players deserve it. They didn't quite get there last year and just dusted themselves off and carried on. Reminds me a bit of our two year promotion campaign.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whether or not you have any time for Liverpool and their fans, you have to say that that group of players deserve it. They didn't quite get there last year and just dusted themselves off and carried on. Reminds me a bit of our two year promotion campaign.

This. Liverpool have some comedy plastic fans but they have a lot of genuine ones as well. The way the players got over the equivalent of our “Boro experience” (albeit with a Champions League trophy as consolation) was spot on.

Watching Dalgleish’s phone ping non stop during a video conference interview just emphasised how the domestic title was WAY more important than the Champions League to them. And it was bloody funny.

However, I have to say that without the drinks break City would have won that at a canter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Absolutely! Dropped points in THREE games... that's insane. I know it's not an invincibles season, but it's not that far off a 100% win. I actually think most of their squad come across really well, as does Clippity. Couple of my mates are Liverpool fans and they are top guys.

The only ones I dislike are on Twitter. But then I hate everyone[/I ]on Twitter

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Congratulations to Juergen Klopp and his players, thoroughly deserved.

The * next to the listing will offer so much wind up potential to their fans though :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

yes well done to Klopp, just got on with the job.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
wellquickwoody;9392311 The * next to the listing will offer so much wind up potential to their fans though :lolol:[/QUOTE said:
What will the * indicate? Is the PL not going to finish the season?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And I doubt Liverpool will never stop telling all fans about this

They got there by playing good, attacking football and are well deserved winners. I always laugh when there is talk of Alex Fergusson being this God like manager for Manchester United, he won two European Cups in 27 years yet Liverpool won two while seriously underperforming in the Premier League over the same time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can I begrudgingly congratulate them on a thoroughly deserved title whilst at the same time wanting to claw my own eyes out at the fraud fake Liverpool fans all over social media?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just got back from the game. My dear old pal Bob, 74 years old, in tears. A vetran of the Cavern. YNWA. Nothing more to be said.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can I begrudgingly congratulate them on a thoroughly deserved title whilst at the same time wanting to claw my own eyes out at the fraud fake Liverpool fans all over social media?

That’s always been UK life, pre and post internet.

In decades working in offices in Brighton, I worked with mouthy ManU, West Ham and Arsenal plastics. Not one ever went to OT, Boleyn or Highbury/Emirates. Boy they disliked the Albion whilst they were at, I could never fathom why, revelling in our setbacks and they weren’t joking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here