Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Disheartening behaviour

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sitting down The Level in Brighton this evening with a mate, having a few socially distanced beers. We hear a huge bang, look over to see smoke on the crossroads by the open market. Quite a bad accident had occurred with cars totalled. A good 100 people flocked over with their phones out cheering like it was a firework. I sat thinking what if I was in that car...

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
‘tis but the world we live in

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Shocking, I just come back from a Heathrow Run , two bad crashes on anti clockwise section and some shocking driving out there, roll on Winter I say.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Sitting down The Level in Brighton this evening with a mate, having a few socially distanced beers. We hear a huge bang, look over to see smoke on the crossroads by the open market. Quite a bad accident had occurred with cars totalled. A good 100 people flocked over with their phones out cheering like it was a firework. I sat thinking what if I was in that car...

Unfortunately as sad indictment, folk are more likely to get their smartphones out and film rather than try help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18542767.a23-crash-multi-car-smash-near-brighton-city-centre/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People want their tinpot 5 minutes of fame on Instagram or the like. Jockeying to be the first poster.

I recall the police saying that they grabbed phones (probably illegally, but who cares) off ********s filming the burning and dying at the Shoreham Air Disaster. People in the newly formed traffic jam rushing over, not to help.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I recall the police saying that they grabbed phones (probably illegally, but who cares) off ********s filming the burning and dying at the Shoreham Air Disaster. People in the newly formed traffic jam rushing over, not to help.

Really.....

Why do that..... WTF

I have been involved in a crash and someone died, and it’s etched in my brain, I would give anything for it to not randomly pop up in my brain.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shocking, I just come back from a Heathrow Run , two bad crashes on anti clockwise section and some shocking driving out there, roll on Winter I say.

I’ve found the last, say four weeks travelling around unpleasant....a lot of vehicles travelling much faster than normal and as you say shocking driving...three incidents of road rage ..including one car reversing up a slip road off the a27 ..with the occupant of another running after it :moo:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
People are an utter disgrace. The mess down the beach this evening was absolutely appalling, people have no respect and have no morals anymore, I’m a very proud English/British person but I’m honestly beginning to want to escape this country and live on an island away from all these pond dwelling idiots.

A friend of mine who was down the beach in the day said people were just brazenly pissing round corners, under the pier, up posts etc, absolutely vile. I wonder, are we as a nation different to the rest of the world? I’m sure every nation has these people but I feel like the number here far outweighs any country I’ve ever been too.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I’ve found the last, say four weeks travelling around unpleasant....a lot of vehicles travelling much faster than normal and as you say shocking driving...three incidents of road rage ..including one car reversing up a slip road off the a27 ..with the occupant of another running after it :moo:

Indeed, when lockdown started and I decided to drive to work I saw some shocking driving on the M25 and M3.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
People are an utter disgrace. The mess down the beach this evening was absolutely appalling, people have no respect and have no morals anymore, I’m a very proud English/British person but I’m honestly beginning to want to escape this country and live on an island away from all these pond dwelling idiots.

A friend of mine who was down the beach in the day said people were just brazenly pissing round corners, under the pier, up posts etc, absolutely vile. I wonder, are we as a nation different to the rest of the world? I’m sure every nation has these people but I feel like the number here far outweighs any country I’ve ever been too.

I've lived in 5 countries outside of England. Its the same everywhere. Honestly, it is. Similar number of fvckwits everywhere. Believe it or not, overall we're certainly more polite than many other places, and it doesn't seem it sometimes but our streets and certainly countryside cleaner than many other places. Remember, everyone going mental after a long lockdown, heatwave, and nothing else to do isn't normal... (but doesn't excuse it still)

Perhaps Japan is an exception in terms of how clean and respectful people are, but I've not lived there.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've lived in 5 countries outside of England. Its the same everywhere. Honestly, it is. Similar number of fvckwits everywhere. Believe it or not, overall we're certainly more polite than many other places, and it doesn't seem it sometimes but our streets and certainly countryside cleaner than many other places. Remember, everyone going mental after a long lockdown, heatwave, and nothing else to do isn't normal... (but doesn't excuse it still)

Perhaps Japan is an exception in terms of how clean and respectful people are, but I've not lived there.

You may well be right, but I’ve never seen a beach in Spain or mainland Europe look as disgustingly dirty as what I saw this evening, and in all honesty it’s not the worst I’ve seen it down there! It just stinks of entitlement and laziness, I wouldn’t ever dream of pissing up a post when there is kids around or leaving rubbish strewn all over the place. I sound like a right self righteous git I know but it’s getting worse and worse IMO

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You may well be right, but I’ve never seen a beach in Spain or mainland Europe look as disgustingly dirty as what I saw this evening, and in all honesty it’s not the worst I’ve seen it down there! It just stinks of entitlement and laziness, I wouldn’t ever dream of pissing up a post when there is kids around or leaving rubbish strewn all over the place. I sound like a right self righteous git I know but it’s getting worse and worse IMO

Out of interest, were there any toilets available? - and if not, what alternative provision had been made? No excuse for leaving rubbish behind though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree with what you're saying, the people leaving rubbish on the beaches will be the same idiots who throw rubbish out of car windows. No respect for anyone or anything.

I really dislike a proportion of my countrymen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with what you're saying, the people leaving rubbish on the beaches will be the same idiots who throw rubbish out of car windows. No respect for anyone or anything.

I really dislike a proportion of my countrymen.

Scummers. In fairness, I’ve seen Spaniards in their homeland do exactly the same.

Often over the years including this one, I often spend a little bit of time clearing up litter. Sad perhaps, but satisfying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
People want their tinpot 5 minutes of fame on Instagram or the like. Jockeying to be the first poster.

Bloody hell, how awful ? What have we become ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Unfortunately as sad indictment, folk are more likely to get their smartphones out and film rather than try help.

If it was me I would prefer someone who knows what they are doing try and help and people record it rather than 100 half cut/pissed idoits all pile in and try and "help".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here