Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Makes you proud

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
New Prime Ministerial plane markings.
12aec319bc3acfc6d14ae765f8822bd3.jpg

Worth every penny, Global Britain is open for business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As usual, the UK acts with impeccable timing as global air travel is cut back drastically due to Covid-19. It's a wonderful metaphor for the UK consistently taking the wrong turn when everyone else on the right path turns round and sighs at us for wandering off...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52983756

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Going by that photo it looks like the Union Jack is upside down.

Certainly looks like it is. However, might be because of a similar rule on showing the flag that the US have. The US flag should always be painted on a vehicle with the flag correctly oriented according to how the airflow would cause it to fly. You can see it on the Haas Formula 1 cars - on the left side of the car the flag looks "correct" as you look at it - stars on the left, stripes out to the right. On the right side of the car it's reversed - stars on right, stripes to left.

Apply same rule to this, and the union flag is hanging correctly in that photo. I think.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Certainly looks like it is. However, might be because of a similar rule on showing the flag that the US have. The US flag should always be painted on a vehicle with the flag correctly oriented according to how the airflow would cause it to fly. You can see it on the Haas Formula 1 cars - on the left side of the car the flag looks "correct" as you look at it - stars on the left, stripes out to the right. On the right side of the car it's reversed - stars on right, stripes to left.

Apply same rule to this, and the union flag is hanging correctly in that photo. I think.

Wishful thinking. It's just upside down. Surprised our patriots didnt notice.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't know what was wrong with grey. Grey is a very distinguished colour.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apologies to RAF and aviation enthusiasts, the thread title has been altered by the Soy patrol or continuity Soy.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Going by that photo it looks like the Union Jack is upside down.

Got nothing against giving the plane a paint job but not sure how the figure of £800k got bandied around for it.

The price also included the scheduled maintenance at Marshall’s of Cambridge but don’t let the truth get in the way of a good media story about money.

Yes I am in the know !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Great Britain is open for business then let's hope we're able to run our trains and tubes on time to get our socially distancing workforce to where they want to be, and there are no strikes or anything. It would be absolutely tragic to get over Coronavirus, only to have the country grind to a halt as a few greedy drivers stop hard working commuters carrying out their legal business.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Apologies to RAF and aviation enthusiasts, the thread title has been altered by the Soy patrol or continuity Soy.

:cry::cry::cry: Boo hoo! Waah! :cry::cry::cry:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Great Britain is open for business then let's hope we're able to run our trains and tubes on time to get our socially distancing workforce to where they want to be, and there are no strikes or anything. It would be absolutely tragic to get over Coronavirus, only to have the country grind to a halt as a few greedy drivers stop hard working commuters carrying out their legal business.

You not going to make it home for the football tonight ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here