Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Makes you proud

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I thought it was a waste of time/money etc at first but then someone here, possibly yourself, gave me the info and background and for the first time in NSC history, my mind was changed :)

Always pays to listen to those who know what they’re talking about.

Always been impressed by this refuelling manoeuvre. Great stuff.

Well thats a load of nibble for starters.
You have been forced to change your mind numerous times. Its usually accompanied with you saying `you are probably right` or ` everyday is a school day` or simply giving up because you know you are wrong with a `whatevs` or something similar.
first time in NSC history my arse......bet you have convinced yourself that though.
What a shame you wont get to read this post considering you have me on ignore again xx

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
so what did you understand bungle depeffelfeffel meant when he said "take it on the chin" ?
j

Do you know what?
I have come to the conclusion that you are not worth the effort of a debate.
I just cannot be bothered to even try to have any further discussion with you.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What did he say and when? Do you have the full transcript for context?

I imagine you know already but here's the transcript from the 5th March interview:

Philip Schofield: Is the delay essentially trying to spread this out so it doesn’t all happen at once and overwhelm the NHS, and that you can actually delay it into perhaps the summer when it’s a little bit quieter and the ordinary flu might have died down a wee bit, is that what you’re doing?

Boris Johnson: Well it’s a very, very important question, and that’s where a lot of the debate has been and one of the theories is, that perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population, without taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance, I think it is very important, we’ve got a fantastic NHS, we will give them all the support that they need, we will make sure that they have all preparations, all the kit that they need for us to get through it. But I think it would be better if we take all the measures that we can now to stop the peak of the disease being as difficult for the NHS as it might be, I think there are things that we may be able to do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I imagine you know already but here's the transcript from the 5th March interview:

Philip Schofield: Is the delay essentially trying to spread this out so it doesn’t all happen at once and overwhelm the NHS, and that you can actually delay it into perhaps the summer when it’s a little bit quieter and the ordinary flu might have died down a wee bit, is that what you’re doing?

Boris Johnson: Well it’s a very, very important question, and that’s where a lot of the debate has been and one of the theories is, that perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population, without taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance, I think it is very important, we’ve got a fantastic NHS, we will give them all the support that they need, we will make sure that they have all preparations, all the kit that they need for us to get through it. But I think it would be better if we take all the measures that we can now to stop the peak of the disease being as difficult for the NHS as it might be, I think there are things that we may be able to do.

Nothing to see here then :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
After w****** yourself into a frenzy peddling project fear fibs and doing the same over no-deal armageddon scenarios you have now moved on to claim that the UK is on the verge of breaking apart. Meanwhile ..

Of the last 50 opinion polls on Scottish Independence, only five showed a lead for leaving the UK.

Of the last 16 opinion polls on Reunification in Northern Ireland, only three showed a lead for that outcome.

Will you ever stop peddling your anti-UK 5th column agenda?

Expressions of guilt for voting for a custom border in the Irish sea, 5th column JC take a look in the mirror perhaps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here