Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neck & Neck

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So we are bang on last years points 33 and played 31.

With 7 games left will we gain more than the 3 points we gained last year to finish our season? And what points total we should be looking realistically at finishing on this season?

I would throw a points goal of 42 into the mix? That would be a good season considering a manager change.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our highest PL points total was 40 points and 15th place in 2017/18. We're unlikely to finish higher but it'd be nice to beat that points total.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just taking it 1 game at a time to be honest.

I think we have a genuine chance of taking the points.
Utd will have played twice in 6 days whereas we will have been preparing for a week ad have some confidence back in the team.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm guessing we'll get another five points. One win two draws.
And that will be good enough.Considering where we were before the restart.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If we don’t beat Norwich and Southampton away and Newcastle at home then I’ll be disappointed

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
So we are bang on last years points 33 and played 31.
With 7 games left will we gain more than the 3 points we gained last year to finish our season? And what points total we should be looking realistically at finishing on this season?
I would throw a points goal of 42 into the mix? That would be a good season considering a manager change.

Yep, close to previous seasons, although we were one point better off in 17/18 by match week. By opponent, we are actually 2 points better off this season than we were in the previous two seasons.

Digging into that a bit, here is where we fared in previous seasons (to substitute Norwich, I used the Fulham result in 18/19 and Stoke in 17/18):
miniTAB.jpg

So, according to the Giraffe model we should be 'expecting' about 6 points. However, if we get our traditional 3 points from Man U at the AMEX, we'll be on for our best ever PL points haul. UTA!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Winnable games? Norwich away, Saints away, an on-the-beach-in-Covid-masks Newcastle at home and a possibly Dyche-less and defintely fan-less Burnley.

None of those will be easy but if we can win just one and draw another we'll have beaten last season's total and that'll be a mini justification for hiring Potter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Winnable games? Norwich away, Saints away, an on-the-beach-in-Covid-masks Newcastle at home and a possibly Dyche-less and defintely fan-less Burnley.

None of those will be easy but if we can win just one and draw another we'll have beaten last season's total and that'll be a mini justification for hiring Potter.

Even if we go down I’ll think it was justified :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here