Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rebbeca Wrong Daily

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just out of interest, why did you vote Labour in 1997?

It seems to me you've never expressed any views that are remotely in line with the Labour Party's (then or now). You're clearly politically on the (far?) right.

I’m a broadchurch, bits of pieces from all sides of the political spectrum interest me, if you blinker yourself to one political ideal you can become trapped in a bit of an echo chamber,certainly would not describe myself as far right.
I voted to leave the EU, does that make the 5 million Labour voters that also voted to leave far right?
I voted labour in 1997 because the country had about enough of John Major, I suppose I got conned by blue labour?..
Only got motivated to vote again in the referendum in 2016. The rest as they say..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Guess we'll never know, it's the past.

Still no suggestions of Labour's future policies then?

I don't know why you think I would know or could guess what any party's policies will be in 4 years time.

Things can change very quickly and are unpredictable. That was the whole point of my previous post, which you replied to :lolol:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I’m a broadchurch, bits of pieces from all sides of the political spectrum interest me, if you blinker yourself to one political ideal you can become trapped in a bit of an echo chamber,certainly would not describe myself as far right.
I voted to leave the EU, does that make the 5 million Labour voters that also voted to leave far right?
I voted labour in 1997 because the country had about enough of John Major, I suppose I got conned by blue labour?..
Only got motivated to vote again in the referendum in 2016. The rest as they say..

How did you get conned by Labour? You got what you wanted by removing John Major. Were there other reasons that you voted Labour in 1997?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
How did you get conned by Labour? You got what you wanted by removing John Major. Were there other reasons that you voted Labour in 1997?

Fed up with Major was the main reason.
The illegal war that has ultimately cost hundreds of thousands of lives and totally destabilised the Middle East is the main reason I’ll not be voting for them again, that and anti semitism.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That was the whole point of my previous post, which you replied to :lolol:

:lolol:

This constant laughing at your own posts, should leave it for others to gauge.

That said, this is typical of the current Starmer Stuff.

Easy to slate what is happening, with no short or long term suggestions to be positive. Looks bleak.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Fed up with Major was the main reason.
The illegal war that has ultimately cost hundreds of thousands of lives and totally destabilised the Middle East is the main reason I’ll not be voting for them again, that and anti semitism.

What antisemitism - can you give me an example?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
:lolol:

This constant laughing at your own posts, should leave it for others to gauge.

That said, this is typical of the current Starmer Stuff.

Easy to slate what is happening, with no short or long term suggestions to be positive. Looks bleak.

And still getting it wrong :facepalm:

I'm actually laughing at you insisting the policies should be in place 4 years before the next election, despite not knowing having any the slightest idea what the UK will look like by then :lolol:

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
RLB is ‘very upset’ but realises party unity is more important. Sir Keir has agreed to meet with elements of the hard left to explain his actions. I’d just send them the various quotes from Jewish groups this morning indicating that Labour is now electable again.

Very good quote from another,JVL, forum which summarises the ridiculousness of Starmers actions:-

"IHRA guidlines specifically state that ¨criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic¨ – As this was the case there was no antisemitic content in the article.

To then claim that comments about the behavior and actions of Israeli State Security Services are ‘antisemitic’ conflates actions taken by the State of Israel with ‘Jews’, a conflation plainly condemned by #IHRA as antisemitic. Are JVL going to complain to Labour about Starmers antisemitic behaviour?"

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Am I still getting it wrong? :facepalm:

I'm actually laughing at you insisting the policies should be in place 4 years before the next election, despite not knowing having any the slightest idea what the UK will look like by then :lolol:

Can you read?

The earlier post said Labour was now electable. I was simply asking on which policies?

Not difficult, is it?

Jan 30, 2008
Well done Starmer, miraculously, I don't quite know how, the Labour Party is truly no longer under the control of Momentum leaning members.

If he keeps this up, we'll have the opportunity in 2024 to vote for a centre-left government. Or not depending on your preference.

They'll be lurking around like a bad smell a bit like SWP, I listened to some labour clown from Hove on the news last night defending the scrotes playing up on the lawns , unbelievable !
Regards
DF

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Can you read?

The earlier post said Labour was now electable. I was simply asking on which policies?

Not difficult, is it?
Come on, it's clear what was meant. Many Jewish people felt unable to vote Labour in December, regardless of policies, due to the lack of action on antisemitism in the party. They're now saying that the new leader appears to be ready to take action, and therefore they could entertain the idea of voting for them again.

Clearly they're not saying they'll now definitely vote Labour in 4 years time. It would be idiotic and narrow minded to decide who you're going vote for even a year before an election.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What was his argument?

I guarantee it’ll be about cuts to youth services, l doubt wether the lot down on the lawns would have preferred to be at a youth club playing pool or doing arts and crafts instead [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I’m qualified to make this generalisation as I have a 16 yo and to older sons, it seems the gathering was what would normally go ahead to celebrate end of the exams.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well done Starmer, miraculously, I don't quite know how, the Labour Party is truly no longer under the control of Momentum leaning members.

If he keeps this up, we'll have the opportunity in 2024 to vote for a centre-left government. Or not depending on your preference.

John Lansman was on R5 this morning suggesting Sakeeer’s decision will divide the part rather than unify.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Come on, it's clear what was meant. Many Jewish people felt unable to vote Labour in December, regardless of policies, due to the lack of action on antisemitism in the party. They're now saying that the new leader appears to be ready to take action, and therefore they could entertain the idea of voting for them again.

Clearly they're not saying they'll now definitely vote Labour in 4 years time. It would be idiotic and narrow minded to decide who you're going vote for even a year before an election.

So a commited anti - imperialist green supporter who rejects the war mongering neo-liberal consensus of the other main parties is thus "idiotic and narrow minded"? I would have said they had principles.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So a commited anti - imperialist green supporter who rejects the war mongering neo-liberal consensus of the other main parties is thus "idiotic and narrow minded"? I would have said they had principles.

I would argue they are not idiotic and narrow-minded to hold those views, but it would be idiotic and narrow-minded to not resign once it was clear (as it was long before December) that that leader cannot win their party an election.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That's not what I'm saying. It would be idiotic for them to nail their vote to the mast 4 years before the election, when for all they know the party may decide to change direction in that time, or another party may change theirs and become more appealing.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
I would argue they are not idiotic and narrow-minded to hold those views, but it would be idiotic and narrow-minded to not resign once it was clear (as it was long before December) that that leader cannot win their party an election.

So are you arguing that all members of political parties who are unlikely to win a general election should resign from their party?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here