Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rebbeca Wrong Daily

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The ostensible conspiracy theory is that the restraint technique used in the killing of George Floyd was developed by Israeli special forces who taught it to the Minnesota PD. Though the Israelis have denied this, it is a fact that the Israeli military, Police and intelligence services have provided training to US police departments both in Israel and in the States.

Yes, you're right on all of that, particularly your use of the word 'ostensibly'. There is an update on the original Independent article, stating that the claim made by Peake is "unfounded". Israel will insist that the claim is not demonstrably true, which I'd sincerely doubt it is. Two things I'll maintain until someone can show me otherwise is that: first, the claim is not anti-Semitic, nor is it a Jewish conspiracy theory; second, Mossad and other Israeli agencies get up to the sorts of things you indicate, and more.
This is opportunism from Starmer, making a statement to try to kill the association between Labour and anti-semitism that Corbyn disastrously enabled to fester and develop.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If you don’t get it change your aftershave.

I have voted Labour in the past, I find it unlikely I will again, I don’t want anyone ‘Knocking down ‘ my door, Nobody has ever knocked down my door and if they did it would be a swift introduction to the Louisville slugger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, you do not sound like you have many brain cells.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All of this kind of stuff is tiresome. I've had a look at the BBC news story you refer to, and also the original Peake interview in The Indepenent that I've scanned. Can't see anything in those on Jewish conspiracy (on which, all conspiracy theories are awful, but anti-Semitic ones are the most pernicious).
Starmer has indicated that the "article contained Jewish conspiracy theories". I'm still struggling to understand how, and will continue to until I'm offered an explanation that makes sense.

its quite thin link on the surface, a suggestion restraint techniques used in George Floyd death comes from Israeli security. however why is that link necessary, is it any importance to his story? so the implications are there to be made. think the more significant part of the story is Long-Bailey didnt remove the tweet once pointed out, putting focus on it and cant be brushed aside. and probably about authority too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
its quite thin link on the surface, a suggestion restraint techniques used in George Floyd death comes from Israeli security. however why is that link necessary, is it any importance to his story? so the implications are there to be made. think the more significant part of the story is Long-Bailey didnt remove the tweet once pointed out, putting focus on it and cant be brushed aside. and probably about authority too.

I completely get that the Corbynites have left themselves wide open to this, and you're right that you need to make implications to get from A to B but that suggests that you could draw other links and you go from A to C.
And as to why the link has to be made? Yes, I appreciate it's problematic for those on the left to criticise Israel, but the reason I suspect that people want to make the link is the same reason that the issue of Israel-Palestine keeps on finding its way onto the UN Security Council agenda (and then it gets rejected as the US exercises its veto).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No jest, it’s a fact....

Your ( Admitted ) reduction in brain cells explains a lot. I pity you even more now I know that, at least you still have Dame Vera Lynn for solace.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Your ( Admitted ) reduction in brain cells explains a lot. I pity you even more now I know that, at least you still have Dame Vera Lynn for solace.

I’ll be having a few Dame Vera’s tomorrow night I can tell yer, I’ll raise a glass for you[emoji1303]

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
I completely get that the Corbynites have left themselves wide open to this, and you're right that you need to make implications to get from A to B but that suggests that you could draw other links and you go from A to C.
And as to why the link has to be made? Yes, I appreciate it's problematic for those on the left to criticise Israel, but the reason I suspect that people want to make the link is the same reason that the issue of Israel-Palestine keeps on finding its way onto the UN Security Council agenda (and then it gets rejected as the US exercises its veto).

Making a connection between the training given by Israeli military and the American police is no more antisemitic than claiming that they were trained by the Hungarian army. Those that make this claim are the antisemitic ones by suggesting that there is necessarily a link between antisemitism and the policies of the Israeli government.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Looks like Serkeer is finally starting to purge his party of Jew haters, it’s a start but a lot more to do if they want My vote back.

Well done Serkeer and about time too, anyone voting Labour or voting in a way to make a Corbyn win more likely at the last GE was clearly endorsing antisemitism and a Grade A C***. Well done to all the Tory voters at the last GE for rejecting the sorry excuse of an opposition and making it possible that they can rebuild in a more credible way.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Well done Serkeer and about time too, anyone voting Labour or voting in a way to make a Corbyn win more likely at the last GE was clearly endorsing antisemitism and a Grade A C***. Well done to all the Tory voters at the last GE for rejecting the sorry excuse of an opposition and making it possible that they can rebuild in a more credible way.

This is rubbish. Can you explain how exactly how Corbyn supporters were endorsing anti semitism?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

JCFG once again stooping so very, very low he'll use anti-semitism as a way of scoring political points. In many ways I find the out and out anti-semite Das Reich preferable to this tactic. At least he's kind of honest.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This is rubbish. Can you explain how exactly how Corbyn supporters were endorsing anti semitism?

Mate, don't worry about it. JCFG is only using anti-semitism to score cheap political points. He couldn't care less about it other than to get one over on 'the other side'. See also; Chicken Run, wellquickwoody, pastafarian, baker lite and more.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Mate, don't worry about it. JCFG is only using anti-semitism to score cheap political points. He couldn't care less about it other than to get one over on 'the other side'. See also; Chicken Run, wellquickwoody, pastafarian, baker lite and more.

21b1f4c342f092c1c579d041299764dd.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here