Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] why-are-arsenal-so-rattled-by-a-club-like-brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will read in a second, but the answer is simple.

Brighton represent who they are and what they will be.
While Liverpool and City represent who they were.

In fairness I'd be rattle too.

If Spurs weren't being so Spursy the fall out from North London would be 100 times worse.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are they? The thing that bugs me the most about this saga is that there hasn't been a single Arsenal fan coming on this board. It wouldn't have been like that in the lower leagues, we'd have been inundated.

Careful what you wish for.

It's bad enough here wading through the palace nonsense and 'fans' of our manager.
Being 'patronised' by joyless gooners could be a difficult few weeks.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Are they? The thing that bugs me the most about this saga is that there hasn't been a single Arsenal fan coming on this board. It wouldn't have been like that in the lower leagues, we'd have been inundated.

I had a quick search for a decent Arsenal forum to read but no luck. Arsenal mania is the most prominent but it is very difficult to read (at least on an iPhone) as it seems to jump around on the page. The few posts I did see were pretty uninspiring, standard armchair plastic fan stuff. Better quality of fan in the lower leagues perhaps.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*cough* moderators *cough*
*cough* period of probation and post quarantine *cough*
*cough* the blud and fam filter *cough*

Nobody can inundate NSC any more :shrug:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
As much I’d like us to finish above Southampton, I’m going to be rooting for them tonight just in the hope of further Arsenal implosion. :lolol: To channel Kevin Keegan “I would love it, love it, if we finished above Arsenal”

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arsenal continue to buy sub-prime players, either past their sell-by date or mediocre mercenaries. Their 'Big Six' place is based purely on past glories and a nice stadium. Mid-table at best. We really should be beating teams like Arsenal. Oh.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Arsenal have just renewed David Luiz for another year. That tells you everything about where they are as a club. Imagine singing Luiz and losing Aubameyang.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Mind, when they had players of the calibre of Walcott etc, they were a very, very scary team to play against.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The only positive Arsenal got from our games with them this season was Mikel Arteta's Covid-19 test result.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I haven’t heard any mention of the foul by an Arsenal player (Bellerin?) on our goalkeeper. He was booked for that and Neil Maupay rightly wasn’t. Pathetic.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On schedule to have their first finish outside the top 6 for 25 years.

Arsenal fans need to accept their new normal, it could last a while.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just a small point, but the Roy Orbison line doesn't work. The Big O didn't have sight problems. The sunglasses were a fashion thing that he started doing when on a UK tour in the early sixties. If I remember correctly, it may have been at the suggestion of one of his support band, The Beatles (I wonder what happened to them).
Roy is of course dead, so may face other challenges in assessing the state of Arsenal's defence. However, were he were alive, he would be perfectly placed to comment on their league season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jm3Tq_q4yU

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
*cough* moderators *cough*
*cough* period of probation and post quarantine *cough*
*cough* the blud and fam filter *cough*

Nobody can inundate NSC any more :shrug:

Ooh, you are becoming someone’s stalker, but you won’t read this will you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here