Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche on way out?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Report in the Mail (yes, I know) that Dyche is ready to leave Burnley after the board refuses to free funds for transfers and approve new contracts for players.

Despite this being a Mail story, I can see it having a ring of truth (it's been backed up by a sports reporter from the Burnley Express): the Ginger Dalek is still relatively young and has taken Burnley as far as he can take them. He'd be much in demand and I could see a lower PL club looking to snap him up (Villa or West Ham, if they stay up)

It would also mean that his final game would be against us - he'd want to go out with a bang so I hope we don't need the points by then as it won't be a stroll in the park.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
West Ham would be delicious. The West Ham Way = kicking chunks out of people and lumping to target men. That would conflict them a bit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really bad news for Burnley, he’s done a miraculous job there, I can see them struggling without him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surprised he has taken this long to think about leaving that shithole

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can we sign Barnes as a replacement for Murray ?

Doesn't sound great up there though - some of those contract talks started in October and have not been resolved and they've ended up only keeping 1 of them and releasing the rest. Not much money this summer either. But of course they are (or were) profitable

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Surprised he has taken this long to think about leaving that shithole

Could well be another Smug Eddie though. Right club at the right time. Burnley had low expectations so are happy with a lofty position at the expense of attractive football. Might struggle to find another club willing to say the same though. He has done a fantastic job in probably the only way he could with the available resources. Can that be adapted to another club though?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
5Live mentioned he was making a point to his board by only naming seven (of nine possible) substitutes the other day.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Weren't they one of the clubs eager to restart because, according to some reports, they wouldn't survive past August if we didn't?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
5Live mentioned he was making a point to his board by only naming seven (of nine possible) substitutes the other day.

Apropos of nothing, that just made me think how unhappy Ian "Triple substitute" Holloway must be not being involved in the new rules. 5 subs in one go would be a wet dream for him.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Wasn't there rumours a few months ago that Crystal Palace wanted him for next season ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
West Ham would be delicious. The West Ham Way = kicking chunks out of people and lumping to target men. That would conflict them a bit.

I reckon he'll be locked on for the West Ham job.
They will love his jellied eels and we'll fight them on the beaches style.

Gold and Sullivan will be desperate to give West Ham supporters some kind of hope. And Dyche would provide the ultimate fighting spirit.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Villa or West Ham will want him if they stay up or go down.
And I think he would take those jobs in either division.
Palace got to be interested too I would think.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I reckon he'll be locked on for the West Ham job.
They will love his jellied eels and we'll fight them on the beaches style.

Gold and Sullivan will be desperate to give West Ham supporters some kind of hope. And Dyche would provide the ultimate fighting spirit.

Not a long term project though. Once they are mid table, it won't take long for them to remember they are the 'Ammers. Trevor Brooking, isn't it? Moore to Hurst.. You know? Marvellous. Broke the mould. Jumpers for goalposts.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He has done so well. Somebody is taking a lot of money out of club because nett spend on transfers is very low

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Plus they wouldn't need to spend as much money on someone coming from somewhere where there's little money to start with to make them think "wow, so much more money here".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here