Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble in Brixton .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A few years back, as a family, we hired a minivan and travelled, to Brixton for a '12 Tribes of Israel' meeting (basically Rasta Church). We parked outside the venue. A police car passed us. Stopped, turned around and stopped near us. Two officers approached and one said 'where are you lot going?' They hadnt seen my white face until that point, although, they must have seen the kids and I said 'Church, what do you want' Their answer of wanting to check the vehicle was laughable. Its things like this that pisses people off. How many people here have been stopped & questioned for no reason whatsoever?
Theres good police, ive met some but theres a lot of ***** who make whole communities hate them. It happens to a lot of black people in London. Wouldnt it grate on you after its happened to you often?

To a lesser degree, wasnt there problems on Hove Lawns the other day, with large groups? What was that over?

Stopped and vehicle searched 3 times. And stopped to give details maybe 4 or 5 times.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Stopped and vehicle searched 3 times. And stopped to give details maybe 4 or 5 times.

For no reason? Just randomly stopped & searched? Did you ask why? I think most people would ask.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A few years back, as a family, we hired a minivan and travelled, to Brixton for a '12 Tribes of Israel' meeting (basically Rasta Church). We parked outside the venue. A police car passed us. Stopped, turned around and stopped near us. Two officers approached and one said 'where are you lot going?' They hadnt seen my white face until that point, although, they must have seen the kids and I said 'Church, what do you want' Their answer of wanting to check the vehicle was laughable. Its things like this that pisses people off. How many people here have been stopped & questioned for no reason whatsoever?
Theres good police, ive met some but theres a lot of ***** who make whole communities hate them. It happens to a lot of black people in London. Wouldnt it grate on you after its happened to you often?

To a lesser degree, wasnt there problems on Hove Lawns the other day, with large groups? What was that over?

[emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For no reason? Just randomly stopped & searched? Did you ask why? I think most people would ask.

I know exactly why:

One was a random check when leaving London one evening and my car was checked. They were pulling over one every so many.

Another was when I was pulled over because there was a burglary in the area, and I had my van checked.

The third time was pulling away quite quickly when I turned into a road, but was not speeding. Just pulling away fast enough to get attention from a police car that wasn't busy and I had my car checked.

I was pulled over for turning "suspiciously" off the London Road to go up Peacocks Lane. No search but I had to provide my name. Nothing illegal.

I was pulled over in an old mini with daisies on it because it raised attention :lolol: and had to provide my name. Nothing illegal.

Another time I pulled out of a junction onto the seafront, and because there were people halfway crossing the road I turned in behind them onto the road. to let them have a free lane to continue crossing. Nothing illegal or dangerous, just not orthodox.

I hope this helps?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

In my teens I was pulled over quite often. I asked one pleasant copper why this happened to me a lot. I was told that the Astra I was driving were easy to nick and they wanted to check i had keys in the ignition. They never searched the car... Which was lucky.

The thing that I leaned from this was that most were polite and respectful. However some we were rude and accusing, these encounters world result in me having to produce documents at the police station at a later date.

I still struggle to believe they didn't have better things to do.

I've also seen police in full riot gear punch a girl full in the face. Numbers covered and protected by his mates.

I've been whacked across the back with a baton for walking too close to them on the way to Selhurst.

I can see how respect for police by communities ever being pulled over it stopped snowing search can seriously erode. Then we end up here.

As someone mentioned earlier respect is earned and sustained. It doesn't take much to start chipping away at it.

Human nature dictates that the encounters I describe above are what I remember. I am not sure I have had many positive encounters with the police. Aside from a couple of mates who are/were on the force.

I don't know the answers about things will improve by I think the police have some work to do.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
In all my years, I have seen lots of good and evil, but it's a worry for today's children to be among more evil people than I can ever recall. The police, in general, are good and those that are not will be punished legally.
Why did these people feel they could have this party? I just hope they were not doing it to goad the poor bobby in for a bunch of fives.
I know very little about drugs we're they taking some funny stuff?

You mean punished like the dozens of officers who conspired to lie about Hillsborough were punished?

Oh wait.................................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here