Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble in Brixton .

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
https://www.itv.com/news/london/202...-as-brixton-street-party-descends-into-chaos/

Police car smashed as Brixton street party descends into chaos

Riots and violent confrontations with police have taken place in south-east London overnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Cxpsw26Co

c565c967c263a371af418dc3e76b3d6f.jpg

‘Please don’t smash up our car’

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Please excuse me, but why are these people attacking the police force? Just because of a party? I know a fella in the met, I hope he is alright.
What is happening, it's so depressing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There is no excuse for this behaviour.
Really hope the main culprits are caught and sent to prison.
All this protesting about what happened hundreds of years ago seems to have taken over from major issues in the 21st century.
There is a massive lack of respect for the police and the law from a large number of young people which needs to be addressed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Please excuse me, but why are these people attacking the police force? Just because of a party? I know a fella in the met, I hope he is alright.
What is happening, it's so depressing.

I imagine due to the recent goings on they feel they can without any accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The Police are over a barrel. Go in heavy and enrage and upset the revellers or go in with kid gloves and get chased off and beaten. I feel sorry for them.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I imagine due to the recent goings on they feel they can without any accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a young man, you respected your local bobby. What is going wrong? I thank and pray to god that our great country does not destroy itself.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When I was a young man, you respected your local bobby. What is going wrong? I thank and pray to god that our great country does not destroy itself.

Playing devils advocate here, but should respect just be given, or does it need to be earned? I'm sure we can appreciate that for all the good, honest members of the force there are some that people may have felt have let them down, or have a genuine grievance against (whether that's an individual or the force in general).

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Playing devils advocate here, but should respect just be given, or does it need to be earned? I'm sure we can appreciate that for all the good, honest members of the force there are some that people may have felt have let them down, or have a genuine grievance against (whether that's an individual or the force in general).

Good grief.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

In all my years, I have seen lots of good and evil, but it's a worry for today's children to be among more evil people than I can ever recall. The police, in general, are good and those that are not will be punished legally.
Why did these people feel they could have this party? I just hope they were not doing it to goad the poor bobby in for a bunch of fives.
I know very little about drugs we're they taking some funny stuff?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There is no excuse for this behaviour.
Really hope the main culprits are caught and sent to prison.
All this protesting about what happened hundreds of years ago seems to have taken over from major issues in the 21st century.
There is a massive lack of respect for the police and the law from a large number of young people which needs to be addressed.
Government must be rubbing their hands, its completely taken over everything else.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In all my years, I have seen lots of good and evil, but it's a worry for today's children to be among more evil people than I can ever recall. The police, in general, are good and those that are not will be punished legally.
Why did these people feel they could have this party? I just hope they were not doing it to goad the poor bobby in for a bunch of fives.
I know very little about drugs we're they taking some funny stuff?

Is it a case of 'evil', which personally is a pretty strong word - is it more 'misguided', or 'uninformed' and their youthful naivety putting themselves into situations, or causing problems such as this for example?

I'm not sure where I stand on this yet, as i've not read too much about it so far.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
A few years back, as a family, we hired a minivan and travelled, to Brixton for a '12 Tribes of Israel' meeting (basically Rasta Church). We parked outside the venue. A police car passed us. Stopped, turned around and stopped near us. Two officers approached and one said 'where are you lot going?' They hadnt seen my white face until that point, although, they must have seen the kids and I said 'Church, what do you want' Their answer of wanting to check the vehicle was laughable. Its things like this that pisses people off. How many people here have been stopped & questioned for no reason whatsoever?
Theres good police, ive met some but theres a lot of ***** who make whole communities hate them. It happens to a lot of black people in London. Wouldnt it grate on you after its happened to you often?

To a lesser degree, wasnt there problems on Hove Lawns the other day, with large groups? What was that over?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here