Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10th best goal difference in the league.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Certainly not far off.

With Lamptey, Bissouma and Connolly/Maupay to the fore then I’d expect us to fight well in the middle bracket of teams. At the moment you can make a case for a top 7, bottom 5 and the other 8 inbeween.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's keep our heads down about GD until AFTER we've played Utd, City and Liverpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed.

Watford beat Liverpool 3-0. Perhaps we'll be boosting our GD like them.
True dat, alternatively those 3 teams goal difference from the last 72 hours is +12, playing teams a long way ahead of us in the league, the Albion's is 0.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Let’s see what the goal difference is after Liverpool and the Manchester teams have been to us.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
"At the moment you can make a case for a top 7, bottom 5 and the other 8 inbeween.
Also there are only 10 other teams who have lost less games that us
...and 14 teams who have won more games than us. 7 wins in 31 games. That is the true reflection of where we stand in the PL."

This sort of defines our season, we have a competitive squad capable of giving anyone a good game. We have drawn far too many matches this season when we should've won many of them. Another year with Potter and we will hopefully show that sort of progress

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Let’s see what the goal difference is after Liverpool and the Manchester teams have been to us.
Well Man u have scored 16 away this season and even we have scored 15 so not so worried about that one !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let’s see what Liverpool are like a week or so after winning the Premier League.
I think their manager will make them retain their focus-unlike us after we had won promotion with a 6 point gap at the top. I think it was 6 points,
probably remembering that incorrectly.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
It reflects progress made on the pitch. The points tally doesn't necessarily reflect what we could have had by now. We've shot oursleves in the foot in quite a few games that we were on top of. Things like sendings off v Villa and Southampton, dominating Palace in both matches yet only getting a point, missing chances and letting 1-0 leads slip for late draws. In another scenario we could be 10 to 12 points better off. We aren't but the performances and goal differences suggest that is not far away. As a Saints supporting mate of mine suggested if we had Ings we'd easily be pushing for a top 10 finish because our general play is so good.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It reflects progress made on the pitch. The points tally doesn't necessarily reflect what we could have had by now. We've shot oursleves in the foot in quite a few games that we were on top of. Things like sendings off v Villa and Southampton, dominating Palace in both matches yet only getting a point, missing chances and letting 1-0 leads slip for late draws. In another scenario we could be 10 to 12 points better off. We aren't but the performances and goal differences suggest that is not far away. As a Saints supporting mate of mine suggested if we had Ings we'd easily be pushing for a top 10 finish because our general play is so good.

Good point to compare to other seasons:

17/18 minus 20
18/19 minus 25
19/20 currently minus 7

I appreciate we still have games against Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well Man u have scored 16 away this season and even we have scored 15 so not so worried about that one !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

There have been two United sides this season though. Pre-Bruno Fernandes and post-Bruno Fernandes. Unfortunately, we face the post one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here