Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Bear Pit

Do you think The Bear Pit is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 165 72.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 15.9%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As there seems to be ongoing discussion and conjecture in regards to NSC's newest feature, I thought why don't we take the pulse of NSC itself to ascertain the true feeling about it all with a poll.

So here's a poll. Vote away.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We don't need it, the footy is back and its dominating discussion again...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I always liked everything being in one place. Sure, some of the threads descend into circular arguments but then you can avoid them. Then you can dip back in if it looks like something interesting may have happened. There was always the option to bin a thread in the Other Stuff if it was completely out of hand.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
it's an idiotic, stupid and moronic idea. NSC is of course primarily a football discussion board but for the nearly 20 years it's been around we've discussed everything and everything has been on one single board. I get the 'Other Stuff' board to prevent Google wetting their bed but other than that, until recently, one single board. I'll even begrudgingly accept the Covid sub-forum ( no idea why though ) as it's accessible from the Main Board. I've said many times before that NSC is like a virtual pub - albeit without the drinks ( the Friday night drinkies thread excepted ). You would have to go into a separate room in the pub to discuss a different topic - so why here ?

What next on trying to move non-football threads - lets have a separate forum for all these ridiculous music threads - you know the one's like "Name your favourite band that went on stage in wellies". Or maybe we could have a "Crap non-football Sports Thread" and get rid of the golf, running and NFL threads ?

90% of thread titles make the subject matter obvious and yet you still get the morons posting in them "This isn't about football so why is it here ?" - well don't fvcking click on it and comment in it you moron.

The Bear Pit is a shit idea.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
it's an idiotic, stupid and moronic idea. NSC is of course primarily a football discussion board but for the nearly 20 years it's been around we've discussed everything and everything has been on one single board. I get the 'Other Stuff' board to prevent Google wetting their bed but other than that, until recently, one single board. I'll even begrudgingly accept the Covid sub-forum ( no idea why though ) as it's accessible from the Main Board. I've said many times before that NSC is like a virtual pub - albeit without the drinks ( the Friday night drinkies thread excepted ). You would have to go into a separate room in the pub to discuss a different topic - so why here ?

What next on trying to move non-football threads - lets have a separate forum for all these ridiculous music threads - you know the one's like "Name your favourite band that went on stage in wellies". Or maybe we could have a "Crap non-football Sports Thread" and get rid of the golf, running and NFL threads ?

90% of thread titles make the subject matter obvious and yet you still get the morons posting in them "This isn't about football so why is it here ?" - well don't fvcking click on it and comment in it you moron.

The Bear Pit is a shit idea.

image.jpg

:lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Absolutely wonderful change for NSC.

All the poison quarantined in one area.

The toxin superspreaders can spread it all around amongst themselves.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Really can't be arsed to read this nonsense so parking it in a skip at the far end of the Car Park where I don't have to smell it is fine by me.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
One of the joys of NSC was that everything was in one place IMO. It was pretty clear what you were getting form most threads so not sure a separate forum entirely was the answer. Feels NSC has lost something for me. Judging by the poll results i’m evidently in the minority though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The right and left wing obsessives can keep their blinkered and never changing thoughts in one place. If anyone wants to be ‘enlightened’ as to how the country would be so perfect in the hands of hindsight merchants, back seat drivers or 1930’s nationalists, you know exactly where to look.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've said many times before that NSC is like a virtual pub - albeit without the drinks ( the Friday night drinkies thread excepted ). You would have to go into a separate room in the pub to discuss a different topic - so why here ?

To run with your analogy - should you and a few other folk, ruin the atmosphere in the pub, by insisting on continually engaging in loud, angry and unpleasant circular arguments, again and again and again, the landlord would understandably tell you to go elsewhere.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I assume that if the vote is 52:48 or wider that’ll be the end of discussion about this topic for all time, because them’s the rules, right?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One of the joys of NSC was that everything was in one place IMO. It was pretty clear what you were getting form most threads so not sure a separate forum entirely was the answer. Feels NSC has lost something for me. Judging by the poll results i’m evidently in the minority though
I think things have changed from a few years back. There are posters who register simply to try to impose their left wing/right wing propaganda and who never post anything about the Albion or indeed football. This takes away some of their influence. Personally I think it's good to hear other people's viewpoints but many of these whichever side of the divide, have no intention of listening to anyone else who doesn't agree with their world view, and furthermore I object to being preached at by people who have come to our forum but who have never and have no intention of ever, setting foot in the Amex.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here