[Football] Leeds United: Osama Bin Laden Image Removed From Elland Road Seat

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair the picture didn’t really look massively like him from the ‘famous’ photos - and didn’t they have 20k or so images. In the Leeds / Bradford area an Asian man with a beard is probably more common than in some areas...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be honest, I expected every single club to have been dealing with loads of these. Bin Laden, Jimmy Savile, Fred West, the Krays, Abu Hamza and loads of other various ne'er-do-wells.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bin fest.

It brings back memories of Walkers Crisps campaign 3 years ago with Lineker and the likes of Fred West, Jimmy Savile, Harold Shipman, Rolf Harris, Stalin...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be honest, I expected every single club to have been dealing with loads of these. Bin Laden, Jimmy Savile, Fred West, the Krays, Abu Hamza and loads of other various ne'er-do-wells.

Palace should have had Hitler to see if their goalie recognised him

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yes, I was surprised our friends from up the road didn't try to slip in a Colin Ireland or Dennis Nilsen. Or maybe they did and our backroom staff are a bit more savvy

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be fair the picture didn’t really look massively like him from the ‘famous’ photos - In the Leeds / Bradford area an Asian man with a beard is probably more common than in some areas...

But he was on a camel with a gun over his shoulder.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
To be fair... they probably did check, but it's treading dangerous grounds, as there are some people who probably genuinely look like Osama Bin Laden.

You can just see it now...

"Err...boss. This one looks like Osama Bin Laden."

"You racist b*stard. I bet they all look the same to you, don't they? Get him on his seat and go clear your desk. You disgust me."

Jan 30, 2008
To be fair the picture didn’t really look massively like him from the ‘famous’ photos - and didn’t they have 20k or so images. In the Leeds / Bradford area an Asian man with a beard is probably more common than in some areas...
like Brighton and Hove for instance?, it certainly would have stuck out like a sore thumb at the amex :lolol:
regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH this is yet another worry for Arsenal if one of their celebrity supporters has jumped ship this easily

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here