Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Malcolm Allison and Alan Mullery interview 1970.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never worked out why Allinson was so rated as a manager. I think his personality out stripped his talent.

Once Mercer left City he went alone and did nothing for years.

Last edited:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Despite 24-hour football coverage these days, you never seem to see interviews like this any more, or the classic Clough v Revie showdown. Great stuff!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never worked out why Allinson was so rated as a manager. I think his personality out stripped his talent.

Once Mercer left City he went alone and did nothing for years.
I think he was quite famous, mostly for wearing a hat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Allison was manager of high flying Palace for my first Albion game at the Goldstone. We won 2-0 and Harry Wilson had Peter Taylor In his pocket. I think that we were also managed by another Peter Taylor.

I only went to the game (as an armchair Spurs fan) to see what the fuss about winger Taylor, who was about to make the England squad as a third division player was about. He was shit on the night and I came away hooked on the Albion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Allison was manager of high flying Palace for my first Albion game at the Goldstone. We won 2-0 and Harry Wilson had Peter Taylor In his pocket. I think that we were also managed by another Peter Taylor.

I only went to the game (as an armchair Spurs fan) to see what the fuss about winger Taylor, who was about to make the England squad as a third division player was about. He was shit on the night and I came away hooked on the Albion.
Was that the all ticket midweek game in 1975... Ish?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
)
Despite 24-hour football coverage these days, you never seem to see interviews like this any more, or the classic Clough v Revie showdown. Great stuff!

Thank-you. It's like some of the TV we get today will simply fad away. Try Granada TV and CITY (1980) or and its Rugby League,Another Bloody Sunday.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Blimey, before Mullery and Allison I hardly paid any attention to the South London Caravan Club. Just goes to show that these two really did stoke the animosity which culminated in the Stamford Bridge FA Cup replay shenanigans. Imagine how dull it would be if we still considered our biggest rivals to be Pumpey?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep, 30k plus crowd. I was in the South Stand with plenty of Palace in there too

I always paid on the day and usually did the North stand or the South West... could only get tickets for the East that night, felt wrong on that side of the pitch. I do remember it was a 33,000 capacity that night.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

It was the same Peter Taylor played for Palace, then Spurs & later managed us

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:lolol:

palace 1.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I always paid on the day and usually did the North stand or the South West... could only get tickets for the East that night, felt wrong on that side of the pitch. I do remember it was a 33,000 capacity that night.

These Spuds fans know nothing :wink: :rolleyes:

It was the same Peter Taylor played for Palace, then Spurs & later managed us

I do know this :lol:

If I say Junior Lewis, will this convince you? :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We were top of the East Terrace and had a few Palace near us, one of them sitting on the floor sobbing at the end, of course we all commiserated with him.
:tosser: :lolol:

My wife, who went with her then boyfriend, fainted as it was so crowded and watched the game from the medical box!

She has been to the amex with me once having done the passing out trick at Selhurst a few years after the episode at the Goldstone.

She doesn’t do crowds :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here