Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Margarita Pracatan RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Her reinventions of famous songs invariably brought a smile and frequently tears of laughter.

PRACATAN!!!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Just watching those clips has made me laugh along with the wonderful Margarita.

RIP lovely lady.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Brings back memories.
RIP Margarita.

I guess if she was singing as she was than but now and had a dead granny sob story, she be beasting X-Factor or Britains Got Talent.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Elvis getting the Pracatan treatment with a very young Stephen Fry looking rather bemused.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Fab singer with a great humour . RIP.

Clive James was one of the wittiest & clever talk show hosts ever to appear on TV . He was a massive loss to the media as was a few years ago the greatest holiday host ever , Alan whicker . They just don’t make them like these guys anymore .

No one remotely in their class or indeed intelligence.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Oh those wonderful Sunday evenings watching the Clive James show......Margarita was always introduced with that CJ smile & laugh in his intro. Wonderful times.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A local auction house had a signed framed photo of Margarita Pracatan as one of their regular lots. It came up with regularity at nearly every sale for about 3 years running. It never did get a bid. Then the auction house eventually closed down. Not surprising really.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think the punctuation is wrong in her Wiki entry. It reads:

She was born in Santiago, Cuba. Her father was a union leader. She began to sing at home when she was three years old. Her family fled to the U.S. at the outbreak of communism. She worked in a store selling men's underwear while singing at night.

I think it's supposed to read:

She was born in Santiago, Cuba. Her father was a union leader. She began to sing at home when she was three years old. Her family fled to the U.S. At the outbreak of communism she worked in a store selling men's underwear while singing at night.

Screenshot_2020-06-24-21-16-27.png

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I used to love watching this woman. Had me laughing out loud. Clive James loved her tuneless 'singing'. RIP Margarita.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Used to love seeing Clive James in tears watching her

When poor old Clive James passed away, the BBC got out a lot of the old " Postcard From …." series and got it up on iplayer , it was delightful watching the dry, sweet yet acerbic observational wit of Clive James. I genuinely cried with laughter during " Postcard from Sydney " when Clive is being educated in the fine art of wine-tasting by a vineyard owner just outside Sydney..... he got the swill around the glass, a big deep breath from the wine glass, the swirl around the mouth but he couldn't bring himself to spit it out..... " Oh, sorry. I seemed to have swallowed again ? " Amazing telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here