Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team spirit

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not sure if anyone else has observed this, but the team spirit and willingness to run back,
challenge in numbers and lay themselves on the line seems to be as strong since we
came back as at any time I can remember in the past.

That in itself has to be a brilliant sign.

:albion2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not sure if anyone else has observed this, but the team spirit and willingness to run back,
challenge in numbers and lay themselves on the line seems to be as strong since we
came back as at any time I can remember in the past.

That in itself has to be a brilliant sign.

:albion2:

It shows itself most obviously in the full blooded goal saving blocks, but it just as important that in the two matches, the opposition have had no space to play through and have found themselves with limited options when on the call. This doesn't happen to quality sides without tremendous discipline and work rate from the players and is testament to a manager who has clearly got his tactics spot on.

I watched a bit of West Ham v Spurs last night and jeez, after that 2nd goal went in, heads dropped, and the midfield stopped bothering to run backwards. Spurs had numerous 3 on 3's (which they shelled) ... but it made me think, I've never seen us give up on a game like that. Not this season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It shows itself most obviously in the full blooded goal saving blocks, but it just as important that in the two matches, the opposition have had no space to play through and have found themselves with limited options when on the call. This doesn't happen to quality sides without tremendous discipline and work rate from the players and is testament to a manager who has clearly got his tactics spot on.

I watched a bit of West Ham v Spurs last night and jeez, after that 2nd goal went in, heads dropped, and the midfield stopped bothering to run backwards. Spurs had numerous 3 on 3's (which they shelled) ... but it made me think, I've never seen us give up on a game like that. Not this season.

Worth comparing to that dreadful period last season when we absolutely capitulated to Bournemouth, lost meekly to Southampton, and caved in to CARDIFF! How we managed that point at Wolves is a mystery (wolves = 23 shots!!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very last kick of the game vs Arsenal.....potentially dangerous cross about to come in but a thumping block stopped it - MacAllister had chased it all the way down to our own line.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm guessing the favoured spirit is rum

We definitely have a togetherness now which dissapeared at christmas last season . . . I hope its not because CH lost the players, more that they couldn't wouldn't play the tactics which they believed were wrong. And got demoralised, whatever, It's back and I tihnk the players are enjoying the freedom to be creative . . .and if the last 2 games are anything to go by, its working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here