Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Troy Deeney on Luis Theroux's podcast.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08grz6g

Anyone tune in to this? As the years go by I find myself more and more bored with football writing/interviews, so listening to this was really interesting.
Very upfront and honest. Worth a listen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Anyone tune in to this? As the years go by I find myself more and more bored with football writing/interviews, so listening to this was really interesting.

It's really good, isn't it?

We need more honest interviews like this one. Helps that Louis Theroux is very good at his job and that Deeney has an interesting back story but a bit more openness by players would see the perceived gap between players and fans shrink quite considerably, I think.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's really good, isn't it?

We need more honest interviews like this one. Helps that Louis Theroux is very good at his job and that Deeney has an interesting back story but a bit more openness by players would see the perceived gap between players and fans shrink quite considerably, I think.

Definitely. Even LT seemed hesitant to ask some questions but TD was just 'Sure, fire away.'

Different situation but when Ben Mee was interviewed the other day and he spoke about the banner he was similarly impressive/interesting for once. I can understand footballers hiding behind cliches but good god it's boring.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Theroux along with Anthony Bourdain is /were /are probably about the best on offer on the box currently.......some come close but these two are out there for content , R.I.P Anthony Bourdain .......really wish he hadn't done that .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Listened to all of the Grounded with Louis Theroux and they're all pretty good.

Have to say, even before listening to this, I like Deeney. Turned his life around and has been loyal to Watford.

Other episodes I'd recommend are Boy George, Lenny Henry and Miriam Margolyes

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The Boy George interview was excellent and far, far better than I expected.
He comes across as surprisingly balanced and understands himself more than most people probably do.
Yes, Boy George was excellent. I've listened to most of them and the only one that dragged was the one with KSI. LT didn't seem very interested, almost as if he was doing it as a favour to his kids; KSI was remarkable in his lack of self-awareness.

As others have said the Lenny Henry was very good although it would have been good if it had been done after this whole BLM business had kicked off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Listened to all of the Grounded with Louis Theroux and they're all pretty good.

Have to say, even before listening to this, I like Deeney. Turned his life around and has been loyal to Watford.

Other episodes I'd recommend are Boy George, Lenny Henry and Miriam Margolyes

Miriam’s was a nothing off the table chat :moo:

Enjoyed LH’s more than I thought I would

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here