Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pubs to show Norwich A?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
July 4th is a big day for both the Albion and pubs. Will we be able to sit 1 metre apart and fist bump the nearest person when Maupay scores the winner?
Or will it be a case of pubs opening their doors and trying their best to keep everyone apart?
The game is on BT Sport so lets hope we get another day pass otherwise it could well be the latter.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pretty sure a couple will be looking to have it on.

First couple weeks bound to be a bit cautious before things naturally become better though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If someone thinks to put a gigantic screen up on Hove lawns and charge a fiver per pint, they will make a lot of money

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
July 4th is a big day for both the Albion and pubs. Will we be able to sit 1 metre apart and fist bump the nearest person when Maupay scores the winner?
Or will it be a case of pubs opening their doors and trying their best to keep everyone apart?
The game is on BT Sport so lets hope we get another day pass otherwise it could well be the latter.
We won't get a day pass as the deal between BT Sport and the PL was for Home Season Ticket holders, not away fans.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As much as I want to get back in to the pubs for me personally I'm going to leave pubbing for a few more months. I don't like the idea of having to side step or avoid others in a pub (it's ok in a supermarket) to keep to the social distancing guidelines even if reduced to 1 meter.

Will watch the remaining matchesat home with a few tinnies.

Yoda

English & European
As much as I want to get back in to the pubs for me personally I'm going to leave pubbing for a few more months. I don't like the idea of having to side step or avoid others in a pub (it's ok in a supermarket) to keep to the social distancing guidelines even if reduced to 1 meter.

Will watch the remaining matchesat home with a few tinnies.

Similar, I may give it a week or two. Let the idiots who cannot wait pack them out then see what it's like. Would like to know what the word is on Pub games like darts though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
‘ All hospitality indoors will be limited to table service, and contact between staff and customers will be limited.’

Capacity inside will be severely limited by the above. Your best bet would be a pub with a big screen outside.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes is the short answer.

With no vertical drinking and socially distanced tables though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Similar, I may give it a week or two. Let the idiots who cannot wait pack them out then see what it's like. Would like to know what the word is on Pub games like darts though.

I don't think you realise the strict entry conditions were going to have. Crowds of people aren't going to piling into pubs willy nilly. Your going to be greeted and seated by a host. No tables left, no entry. Bookings will be advisable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The last two games has seen me lug the TV and AppleTV out into the garden, daisy-chain some extension cables and re-arrange the furniture and have a few friends round for appropriately socially-distanced viewing with beers. Last night we supremented this with some food from the local chippy.

It's been a wonderful way to watch our games.

Love pubs as I do, I have no real desire to be inside, feeling slightly uneasy at the close proximity of others and what may be in the air we're all breathing in and out, and that's before considering the toilet situation.

If there was a local pub with outdoor seating, a large visible screen and table service, I could be tempted, but I can't think of one.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
‘ All hospitality indoors will be limited to table service, and contact between staff and customers will be limited.’

Capacity inside will be severely limited by the above. Your best bet would be a pub with a big screen outside.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if they showed it on the Amex concourses!😉

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nope, not going to risk it, pub football and beer as lovely as it usually is.
I could not trust myself if it was lovely and sunny, a few beers, the excitement and anxiety of needing a result, could well make me forget to be as vigilante as I should be. I simply can't trust myself, never mind someone else bumping or sputtering germs all over me.....

Nah a second wave will come, and I don't really want to undo all the sacrifices I and others have already done for the sake of a pint in a pub.

And to be honest why bother, when me and my daughter made the front room into this bad boy...

Attachments

• 4CF5A13D-FD2C-42C2-923A-5535005301EA.jpeg
    4CF5A13D-FD2C-42C2-923A-5535005301EA.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 146

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The last two games has seen me lug the TV and AppleTV out into the garden, daisy-chain some extension cables and re-arrange the furniture and have a few friends round for appropriately socially-distanced viewing with beers. Last night we supremented this with some food from the local chippy.

It's been a wonderful way to watch our games.

Love pubs as I do, I have no real desire to be inside, feeling slightly uneasy at the close proximity of others and what may be in the air we're all breathing in and out, and that's before considering the toilet situation.

If there was a local pub with outdoor seating, a large visible screen and table service, I could be tempted, but I can't think of one.

I'm with you Bozza. We go for walks and I've missed a few drinks in a boozer at the end of them.
I have no desire to sit inside a boozer - but it would be nice after walking miles to sit outside
in the sun and have a couple.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Nope, not going to risk it, pub football and beer as lovely as it usually is.
I could not trust myself if it was lovely and sunny, a few beers, the excitement and anxiety of needing a result, could well make me forget to be as vigilante as I should be. I simply can't trust myself, never mind someone else bumping or sputtering germs all over me.....

Nah a second wave will come, and I don't really want to undo all the sacrifices I and others have already done for the sake of a pint in a pub.

And to be honest why bother, when me and my daughter made the front room into this bad boy...

Jesus wept - the club shop's done well out of you matey.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ironic, but unappealing as a venue. Particularly if the sun is shining.
Anyway, I’m not keen on driving down from (near) Norwich to Brighton to watch a game being played at Carrow Road :smile:

It’s usually me that gets Whooshed !!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here