Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] who is going down?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Rather Norwich didnt but they look like they will ( still expect them to win a couple )

Bournemouth down be fantastic

Villa down be comical after the money spent and the spouting off they did when spending it.

West Ham - also be comical but the board there deserve it more than the fans.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Given that West Ham have the kindest run in, and Watford look to have sorted themselves out :

Norwich
Bournemouth
Villa

West Ham v Villa on the last day could be huge though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who do I think will go down ?
Norwich, Bournemouth, Villa. All basically Championship teams.
It will be a shame to lose the only PL East Anglian team though. Villa and West Ham also good localish days out for me.
I would like Bournemouth, Watford and perhaps an implosion from Southampton.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I’m reluctant to get too smug until we are properly safe. But the notion of a winner takes all final day shootout between Villa and West Ham fills me with sadistic glee. Both clubs who feel they deserve their premier league place on history/size rather than merit.

Oh and Norwich and Bournemouth already down by that point would also leave me most content.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If West Ham go I will laugh so hard and for so long Norris McWerter might have to be informed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Norwich - definitely
Bournemouth - likely. They showed little fight against Palace and have generally been on the slide, and in Fraser they've lost one of their best players.

For me it's then between Villa and West Ham. Watford have enough fight and enough quality.

Villa the third team to drop, on the final day and all guns blazing in a match vs West Ham which is set up to be huge. I'm hopeful we will be watching on, already safe.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Purely because of the arrogance of some of their fans: Villa.

They were giving it pretty large in the summer, and as Maupay would say they lacked humility.

Ditto West Ham to an extent, but I have sympathy for their fans and what they’ve gone through (can you imagine if your manager is Moyes?)

One thing is for sure.. it’ll be lovely to put our feet up and watch the relegation battle as a neutral for a change.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Norwich are pretty much buried so it’s no use wishing them survival.

Villa spent so much trying stay in the Premier League, you’re looking at a long sentence in the EFL as they’ll need to dispose of their match winners McGinn & Grealish. I’d like them down please. We have not done well against them recently.

B’Muff are the other club I want buried. They are a bogey side for us we normally draw at best - where as West Ham offer up a good chance of 4+ points every season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Norwich, Bournemouth and then WHU and Villa to be playing to avoid the third spot on the final day - will be great to watch as happy to see either of them go down :D TBH as long as it's not us I'm not hugely bothered.............

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Especially because the media were basically saying in early season they had bought so well they would challenge top 6. I couldn’t believe how poor they were when they fluked a point at the Amex in August.
I'm not right about much, so the victories are easy to remember.
Along with many others I wee-wee'd myself laughing when Moyes was appointed Saviour.

The writing was on the wall then, I just hope they manage to get the job done.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Didn't realise Bournemouth's run-in is as bad as ours.

Wolves A
Newcastle H
United A
Spurs H
Leicester H
City A
Saints H
Everton A

Would be surprised if they pick up more than 4 points tbh.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Norwich certs. Plucky Bournemouth near-certs due to form and run-in. Watford have enough to escape.

So it's Villa v West Ham for the final place imo.

I'd definitely watch West Ham v Millwall at the London Stadium (from the safety of home). First day of the season, ideally. :banana:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here