Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man United have 3 games in 6 days

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Depends how they do in their first two, I suppose.

Win them both and they'll be itching to play us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good point - will put a strain on their fitness you’d think.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
FA Cup game at Norwich so very unlikely to make any difference, suspect they’ll play a completely different 11 in that and still win fairly comfortably.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
They have to travel on the day now so tomorrow, Old Trafford with 6pm KO, home in someones bed by 10pm.
Saturday 5:30 KO in Norwich. Fly home so in someones bed by 11pm
Tuesday fly down. Relaxed on duty free!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Under the current regulations, can they? Won't the players involved have to involved in the training and testing regimes to be eligible?

Liverpool's starting line up v Shrewsbury. Clearly all these relative unknowns were eligible:

62 C Kelleher
76 N Williams
51 K Hoever
72 S van den Berg
46 A Lewis
84 L Clarkson
68 P Chirivella
80 J Cain
67 H Elliott
49 L Millar
48 C Jones (c)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Liverpool's starting line up v Shrewsbury. Clearly all these relative unknowns were eligible:

62 C Kelleher
76 N Williams
51 K Hoever
72 S van den Berg
46 A Lewis
84 L Clarkson
68 P Chirivella
80 J Cain
67 H Elliott
49 L Millar
48 C Jones (c)

I think his point was under current regs regarding Covid.

If the players aren’t part of the testing regime they won’t be eligible to play.

If Utd are testing their whole development and academy teams then all players would be eligible to play obviously, but if it’s just the first team squad then OGS will only have them to pick from.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Doubtful. Play reserves in FA Cup, then it is two in 6. Normal service.

Hard to imagine anyone giving a shit about the FA Cup this season.

Playing in an empty Wembley...yay.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I didn’t give a shit about it last season either, worst and dullest semi final I’ve ever watched. I went but the whole day felt like a chore once the football started

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

One of the arsenal TV lads suggested they give up on the league and focus on winning a cup. Doesn't it get you into europe too? That might be motivation for the clubs. And I'm sure most players are more interested in trophies than attendances. Given the choice between winning an FA cup in an empty stadium and not winning anything, I'd go for the empty stadium win.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Under the current regulations, can they? Won't the players involved have to involved in the training and testing regimes to be eligible?

Really good point. They can rotate but they can't play the kids.

It's forecast to be 31C at ko in Manchester tonight, still 30C at 8pm. Won't be easy playing in that.

OP point I agree with, but it's actually 3 games in 7 days.....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think his point was under current regs regarding Covid.

If the players aren’t part of the testing regime they won’t be eligible to play.

If Utd are testing their whole development and academy teams then all players would be eligible to play obviously, but if it’s just the first team squad then OGS will only have them to pick from.

Yes, that was my point. They would have to havw been isolated, tested etc from the start to be available. Have we included all of our u23s in our post Covid squad?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes, that was my point. They would have to havw been isolated, tested etc from the start to be available. Have we included all of our u23s in our post Covid squad?

I don’t think so, I was under the impression a few of them were now included Roberts was one I remember hearing was now training with the first team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here